This hotel was alright, seen better days, needs some upgrading, seriously need to rechaulk bathrooms. The housekeeper didn't check refrigerator, there was old milk and pizza in our fridge.
The rooms have newer flat screens, but they are on a dresser way away from bed across from kitchen counter area, should be a couch or something if you're going to put it there, our my suggestion would be to mount it over the fireplace in those rooms. Its a decent place, has some ammenities and is on the water, but having stayed at resorts like the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Hilton Waikoloa Village, this is NOT a resort!
The "seafood buffet" was pretty lousy. Food just wasn't very good. Shrimp overcooked, crab was served cold but with melted butter?
We booked a weekend and according to their website it was winter rates, got there and found out that starting Saturday, it was spring break increased rate. We don't have kids, just went because it was supposed to be whale migration. They should have told us it was change rates on us. That wasn't cool at all. That said, it's decent, pretty clean. Nice location, steps down to a nice beach area and allows pets in some rooms. Has a pool and hot tub, which I can't comment on as we didn't use them, it was too crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfrider Resort is nestled atop a bluff overlooking Fogarty Creek and the Pacific Ocean, located just two miles north of Depoe Bay, between Lincoln City and Newport. While at the Surfrider, visit Depoe Bay, the world's "Smallest Harbor" and famous for whale watching. Reserve a trip for deep sea fishing, or visit Newport for the outstanding Oregon Coast Aquarium, 3 miles north for golfing, or simply take in the sights at the Surfrider where whales play, eagles soar, seals nap, and the sun sets over the ocean. We have banquet rooms that can hold up to 100 people. Weddings, birthdays and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfrider Resort Depoe Bay
- Surfrider Hotel Depoe Bay