“Rustic little place for a comfort warm chowder.”
Review of Chowder Bowl

Chowder Bowl
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Chowder was good but to me a bit chaukie and thick. Certainly satisfying if you need a quick warm up. Very rustic atmosphere
Vacationers and locals call home warmth.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I stopped by for lunch as I usually do when spending a night or two in Depoe Bay. They have good seafood, seasoned fries and a delicious clam chowder. I have eaten there numerous times and have had takeout as well.
I highly recommend this easy going restaurant.
I give it a consistent 4.5.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in the middle of everything in a small town of Depoe Bay. We love Depoe bay!
We decided we are going to eat here for quick soup and salad.
Busy place and understandable not to get right service away. But all problems started after we ordered our food.
Three of us ordered clam chowder. And our daughter ordered a small salad.
Chowder was bland and nothing special.
Small salad ($5.75) came and my daughter notice it was all greens, one small wedge of tomato, and a side dressing. She asked the lady " excuse me, where are the croutons?" She said, "we are out and we are still making it."
My daughter said, I'll wait. The server did not respond and just left. She came back and said, it will take 15 minutes. And daughter said, I can wait.
Fifteen minutes later, she never came back with the missing croutons. And did not come back to get our payment either!
I had to ask one young male server about the croutons and if he can just put the croutons in small box to go. He said, yes! But croutons never came but he did run our payment (thank you).
Our main server never came back! No conversation if we are tourist, travelers or even ask if we are humans.
Servers need to know, people come to the restaurant either they are spending their hard earned money or celebrating a special occasions.
The woman who served us is tall & middle aged. Hopefully, the next time she serves another group , she will apologize about what's missing on the $5.75 side salad and be friendly.
And to the restaurant owner, check all your staff before hiring them or maybe she owns the place and forgot customer is #1 priority.
Croutons is definitely not a bid deal. It was the attitude.
No, I don't recommend this restaurant at all.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The waitress was slow waiting on us at first, it took awhile to order drinks. The Clam Chowder was tasteless. The Calamari was really good. My son had the Cod Plate, my Husband the grilled Scallops & I had the Seafood
Platter. It was all excellent. The food has improved since we were there a year ago.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I have read some reviews with complaints about the slow service. This is a family owned local business and there is usually just one or two people running the place. That being said, they work their tails off and are always friendly & efficient. You might have to wait a bit to be seated, get a menu, etc. but if you're in a big hurry, then go eat at a drive-thru. I have eaten here several times and the food has never disappointed. Great fish & chips, excellent chowder and tasty burgers. Relax for a minute and don't be in such a rush!

1  Thank Patrice D