“Nothing more then nice view”
Review of Tidal Raves

Tidal Raves
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Florida
“Nothing more then nice view”
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Went out with family and friends for a lunch one Sunday. Made a reservation so the tables were ready right away. The view from the windows is truly wonderful, but that's we're it stopped. We had a big party with kids, and it seems as the restaurant don't know how to handle kids very well. Service was very poor, with no smiles, no menu explanations, long delay with food delivery, and nearly at the end of the meal they remembered the kids get a drink with their meal.
I do not appreciate placed who put the gratuity on my check. It is a gratuity, which means it is at my disclosure based on the level of service I received. I alway leave tip, even if it was not so great, but at this place, I didn't leave more then the 18% they already added to me.
With so many great places around and the amazing views all over the coast, I will try another location on my next visit.
Service should come with a smile...

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Depoe Bay, Oregon, United States
“Vacationer”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I loved the envirnment, the food and the ocean view. If you like fine dining Tidal Raves is a place to go. :)

“It pairs well with a night at Channel House Inn.”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Great food, good, unintrusive service, and economic prices. If you get a window table, that's a plus.

Visited February 2012
Salem, Oregon
“Delightful cuisine, setting & service”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Lunch here is always a special experience. To get a window table, go late (or wait). The chef prepares seafood to perfection. We shared delicious steamed clams, and each enjoyed delectable meals of snapper, crab salad and oyster bisque & salad.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank CascadeSalem
Lacey, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect price, perfect view, perfection of the culinary arts!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I were in Depoe Bay for our anniversary for a whole 9 days and 4 of those days we visited Tidal Raves. My wife was pleasantly surprised on the first time having ordered the Po"Boy sandwich! she couldn't believe the flavor, softness of the bread and how dry the seafood was(normally extremely watery in our experiences). My wife is a food critic at heart and can name all the spices and flavors in anything she eats. The second visit she ordered the Dungeness Crab Casserole and I ordered the Sirloin and Shrimp Skewer. She was impressed with the alfreado and the quality of the seafood within. I was suprised with the tenderness and flavor of the top sirloin.. Almost as good as I make at home... HEHE:-) My wife was so impressed she tipped the chef. The other times we had things like the mixed platter and the fish tacos all were made to perfection and couldn't go wrong. Those of you on a tight budget this is definately the place to be that is complimented with a great atmosphere and fantastic views. Oh and be sure that you make a reservation if comming between 11 and 2 or 6 and 9 they are well known and loved by the locals and travelers alike!

• Visited April 2012