“Best Mexican on our road trip Pacific USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Sol

El Sol
Ranked #25 of 76 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican on our road trip Pacific USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We traveled from Calgary, Alberta to San Fransisco, CA this April. One of our favorite restaurants was definitely El Sol. It's a cute, authentic Mexican looking restaurant. It is a family run restaurant and the service is very efficient and friendly. We found it to be tidy and well kept with lots of interesting things on the walls. The menu had pictures of a lot of the dishes and explanations of what you were looking at in English (we don't know typical Mexican dish names). The food was delicious. My Finance had the Crab Enchiladas and I had the Chile Rellano (extra spicy). The chef made our dishes fresh and they were delightful (perfect amount of kick on the chile). We would recommend stopping at the El Sol if you find yourself in Coos Bay!!!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Steve W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
“This restaurant should be credited way more than it is!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

This restaurant I'm surprised isn't packed all day long seven days a week! Alberto and his wife should be rich by now! The food he puts out and the way she takes care of the customers with her natural ability to start a conversation with you even if she doesn't know you is amazing! There never is a wait for my lunch he so quick and for the price no other restaurant in town can beat it. There is so much flavor in all his dishes. I love this restaurant and the owners they are what ties the whole meal together. I can always get a food laugh out if Alberto so to them I say thank you for everything that you do that keeps me and my family coming back!!!!!

Portland
“a tiny gem on a long stretch of highway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

This hole-in-the-wall serves consistently fine food. I've been stopping there for five years when I am in the area. They blend Mexican and seafood together with great results. (The shrimp and prawn dishes are excellent.) The service is attentive; the prices are good; the sauces are great. Just twenty or so minutes from the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, this is a great stop after a long drive or as the meal that will tie you over until you get back home.

• Visited March 2011