“Look at the room first.”

Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Vancouver, Washington
“Look at the room first.”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed here in July and I rate it as "OK". The staff was fun and did their best to satisfy us. We did not make reservations and this was a drop in. Price was better than most of the surrounding hotels. We looked at lucky room 113 before taking it and first impressions were clean. After settling in, I noticed that the wall near the bathtub is water damaged and needs to be repaired like "NOW". There is a hole. It appears that a repair may have been started but not finished. I brought it to their attention and I'm feel confident they will fix it. Carpet has large stains in some places. Also, I must add that the door needs a key to open because the electronics do not work. I don't think its a good idea to lend out the key I had. Not going into specifics, they know what I mean. Breakfast was good but very cramped. It looks like one of the actual guest rooms. I'm not a picky person and figure if I write it, they will work on it. I feel confident they will.

Room Tip: Expect a small room on the ground level. I don't know if there are bigger rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RBeresh
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I will admit, we were all scared to stay at a Super 8 but it was late and we were tired. We had tried others in the area and everything was booked so this was recommended to us. Very friendly front desk staff. Rooms were obviously recently remodeled - new paint, bedding, desks, vanity in bathroom and tiling is all newer and perfectly fine. Bed is comfortable although it squeaks when you sit on the corners (happened in other 2 rooms too so it wasn't just me) but didn't squeak when you lay down. Rooms are really small; I would not want to stay here for a long time only because the rooms are so small (we had king size bed). My biggest complaint was that there were two hairs in the tub before I took a shower. Otherwise, the room and bathroom were very clean. No a/c in rooms but there is an overhead fan and, if you don't mind cracking the window open a little, it will actually get cold in the room. All the rooms were sold out and yet is was very quiet. Breakfast is great for the price of the room - make your own waffles, toast, bananas, cereal, coffee/tea, etc.
Location is very convenient to any activities in the area. Can't beat the price and it was better than I had expected.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kdmia
New Westminster
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We found Super 8's to be good value fo rmoney and are pretty much always clean and teh staff are very helpful. The Super 8 in Coos bay was one of the nicest, room wise, it appeared to have recently had a face lift. The staff were greta and even the breakfast was superior.
Don't miss the Captian's Cabin Pub on 275-N. Broadway, teh bar is a divey, but the people are amazing, cheap prices and the food and bloody Mary's are worth the visit. Owned by fellow Canadian Nadene, and her husband Jim, they are trying to create a great community based busnesss.

2 Thank Karen J
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 28 June 2012

A pleasant motel, which didn't fail our expectations. Good breakfast, good staff, very clean. I felt safe and good and slept like a log.

2 Thank Mia M
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Safe, well kept courtyard and basic motel comforts. Everything is clean and quiet, except for some motorcycle noise from the road directly beyond the motel. No problems whatsoever, kind and polite staff.

1 Thank jlaakso
34.5 km away
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
0.5 km away
Best Western Holiday Hotel

Been to Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK