All reviews recommend staying here these cabins the columbia river gorge comfortable beds place to stay tiles truck
Reviewed 3 November 2015

My husband and I were on a hiking vacation, and Cascade Locks was a short drive from the airport and close to lots of good hikes.

Overall the motel was fine - room was clean, price was comparable to others in the area. We did end up with the honeymoon suite - one king bed, small fridge and microwave and a HUGE jet tub! This was the best part of the room - after a long day of hiking both the hubby and I could fit in the tub and just soak and relax tired muscles.

We did have a bit of a hiccup with the reservation. I called and spoke to the husband a few weeks in advance. About a week out I called back to make changes and spoke to the wife - she couldn't find our reservation anywhere! Fortunately she had another room open, so she got us in. When we arrived, we checked in no problem - we flew from the East Coast, so I had informed her we would be a late arrival. Around 10PM I started getting text messages from a number I didn't know. Telling me I had to check in now, they wanted to go to bed, they were going to charge me for a no show, etc. I went over to the office and spoke to the wife again. Told her I was getting these messages, but we were checked in already. Turns out the original reservation I had made with the husband was there - he had just put it under a name that was NOTHING like my name. Ultimately it turned out to be no problem, they resold the other room, but best to really have your ducks in a row - find out what room they are putting you in and write it down (no computers involved in their reservation process).

Cascade Locks is a VERY small town - no night life and nothing open past 10pm. Hardly anything open past 8pm. Bridge of the Gods Motel was well situated for the hiking we wanted to do - so it worked out fine.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Sweetest little motel in Cascade Locks. It was perfect for a ladies getaway weekend. Room was very clean, looked like it had just been redone. Only complaint that I can think of , really, is that there were 2 queen beds, possibly for 4 people, but there was only 3 coffee cups in the kitchen unit that we were in. Very nice place to stay!

Room Tip: We were on lower floor, parked our car right in front of our room. Perfect!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Great host, great room, great view, great bed! Very good price, stayed in room 8. Only con..wished the shower was a bit bigger, but it worked. Very quiet. Babble to walk to get food. Store right down the street.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

The picture does it no justice. the hosts were wonderful, very very helpful and accommodating, the room was great had a little refrigerator and a stove coffee maker toaster, blender and a few dishes so that was all we needed, the place even has a laundromat on premises. the bed was the best thing about the room comfortable and nice. Even though it's closer to the road, you don't hear traffic. This place is middle ground for the fruit loop and the waterfalls. We started with one night and ended staying 4. I will come back.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank pammorgan23
Reviewed 19 June 2015

Our introduction to this Motel was a guy watering plants who quoted us a price lower than the woman inside wanted to give us. She did go ahead and give us the price, but we got a room where the toilet ran all night and leaked all over the floor!

The rooms are nice, with a mini-fridge and a microwave. The bathrooms are cute and the floors are wood. Overall, they are basic, quaint rooms that are perfect for such a beautiful place where you should be spending most of your time outside anyway!

There is a laundromat, but no breakfast. However, there is a bakery right across the street. The Bridge of the Gods (a toll bridge) is also right there.

Room Tip: All porch views are great!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family