“A must when visiting Cannon Beach”
Review of Sweet Basil's Cafe

Sweet Basil's Cafe
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Offering a healthy choice at the coast. Many vegetarian and Gluten free options. House smoked pork and meat options also available. At dinner Cajun/Creole dishes are featured plus local Northwest ingredients. Live music nightly in the Wine Bar.
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Sweet Basil's Cafe is one of the four best restaurants in CB (the others being EVOO, Stephanie's and Newman's). Amazing how the chef can crank out such good food in such a small kitchen. The jambalaya is absolutely delicious and authentic. My wife had the baked eggplant sandwich which she said was wonderful. When in CB, we have at least a couple of meals at SBC. The wine list, by the glass is also impressive.

2  Thank DandPinWA
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for your very nice review. We really enjoy hearing from our guests and am happy you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you back again.
thanks
Chef John

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Some of the best food I've ever had. We were going to go Castaways because it was highly recommended, but the wait was over an hour, so we tried our second choice, Sweet Basil's. It's a small place, but the food was Amazing! I can't wait to go back. My mouth still waters thinking about it. And we loved the live music. It created a nice atmosphere for a beautiful night.

3  Thank Patrick M
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thanks for your nice review and I'm happy you had a chance to dine with us. I guess it was to be!
thanks again

Reviewed 17 November 2017

My wife had the mac/cheese with crab and I had the seafood jambalaya. Both were delicious. The jambalaya was excellent but spicy so be warned.

3  Thank ORState
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thanks so much for your positive review. It's always great to hear we did good!
Hope to see you again.

JohnSowa
chef.owner

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

There is a reason this gentleman won Iron Chef!!!!
The Clams Mateo were absolutely amazing!
The special of the night Crab Mac n cheese was very rich, creamy, and the texture of the crab as it rolled across my tongue made me smile.
The Crawfish Etouffee was perfect, I asked for a little extra heat, and as I tasted it, I sniffled and sweat with pleasure.
I could not recommend a better place in Cannon Beach.
It may take a little time for your meal, but that is what enjoying good food is all about......this was prepared with care and perfection.

2  Thank Troy H
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thanks much for your positive review. It's always great to hear when our guests enjoyed their visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This restaurant has an outstanding array of delicious feed. The seating is limited and seating is tight but really ends up being a gourmet treat when you receive your meal. We had a dinner there one evening and lunch there next day. This absolutely will be a must place for dinner and lunch or next visit to Cannon Beach.

2  Thank 297lawrencen

Thanks for your nice review. It's always great to hear we did good! Hope to see you on a return visit to Cannon Beach