“Amazing food!!”

Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Description: Offering a healthy choice at the coast. Many vegetarian and Gluten free options. House smoked pork and meat options also available. At dinner Cajun/Creole dishes are featured plus local Northwest ingredients. Live music nightly in the Wine Bar.
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Some of the best food I've ever had. We were going to go Castaways because it was highly recommended, but the wait was over an hour, so we tried our second choice, Sweet Basil's. It's a small place, but the food was Amazing! I can't wait to go back. My mouth still waters thinking about it. And we loved the live music. It created a nice atmosphere for a beautiful night.

3  Thank Patrick M
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thanks for your nice review and I'm happy you had a chance to dine with us. I guess it was to be!
thanks again

Reviewed 17 November 2017

My wife had the mac/cheese with crab and I had the seafood jambalaya. Both were delicious. The jambalaya was excellent but spicy so be warned.

3  Thank ORState
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thanks so much for your positive review. It's always great to hear we did good!
Hope to see you again.

JohnSowa
chef.owner

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

There is a reason this gentleman won Iron Chef!!!!
The Clams Mateo were absolutely amazing!
The special of the night Crab Mac n cheese was very rich, creamy, and the texture of the crab as it rolled across my tongue made me smile.
The Crawfish Etouffee was perfect, I asked for a little extra heat, and as I tasted it, I sniffled and sweat with pleasure.
I could not recommend a better place in Cannon Beach.
It may take a little time for your meal, but that is what enjoying good food is all about......this was prepared with care and perfection.

2  Thank Troy H
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thanks much for your positive review. It's always great to hear when our guests enjoyed their visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This restaurant has an outstanding array of delicious feed. The seating is limited and seating is tight but really ends up being a gourmet treat when you receive your meal. We had a dinner there one evening and lunch there next day. This absolutely will be a must place for dinner and lunch or next visit to Cannon Beach.

2  Thank 297lawrencen

Thanks for your nice review. It's always great to hear we did good! Hope to see you on a return visit to Cannon Beach

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I had a lovely time today tasting six different wines and four different kinds of cheese. The wine bar area was dark and funky. We really liked it. The menu looked yummy and can't wait to go try a meal.

Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thanks for your review and hope to see you back