“Unprofessional Staff”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Portland, Oregon
“Unprofessional Staff”
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I Just got back from spending a night at the Lodges at Cannon Beach and was very disappointed with the staff and service more so than the accommodations. First, allow me to list the positives: 1) New and very Clean 2) Large two bedroom with a fully equipped kitchen and which is great for families.

Now for the negatives 1) Upon arrival we were told that before we left we should wash our towles and load and run the dishwasher (an odd request when you are paying $400 per night and the official check in time is 5:00 pm and the check-out time is Noon. 2) We asked for a late check out and the granted us until 1:00 pm. I left the duplex to run across the street and when I returned at 12:03 I was locked out. Fortunately, one the adult family members was still inside and was able to let me in. (In all of my adult life, I have never been locked out of a hotel room or vacation rental ever!) When I called the staff and told them what had occurred regardless of the fact that they said they were going to give us a 1:00 pm check-out she lamely explained that they had nothing to do with us being locked out of the duplex that this is controlled by, "a computer and it happens automatically." Needless to say, this is unacceptable and an inappropriate response. Naturally, I was livid and explained that I have small children and were they willing to take responsibility in the event that something happened to our kids while being locked out the duplex? Anyone w/small children knows anything can happen with little ones! (I got locked out once in a hotel room when my son was 18 months because I did not have my key card on me when I put my room service tray outside my room and the door slammed shut behind me. My son was was locked in the room several minutes by himself until I could get security to open my room.) When I told the front desk lady that I wanted to speak to the manager, she replied, "Wow!" with an incredulous tone as if I was crazy! Like I said, the most unprofessional staff ever! Lastly, there is no air conditioning in the unit but no one tells you this when you check-in. We were fooling around with the thermostat for a few hours trying to cool down the upstairs because it was so hot and stuffy when we arrived and like fools we kept trying to program the thermostat to cool down the place. Little did we know that the unit did not have air but then again, how would we know when they DONT TELL YOU! Their response was, none of the hotels at the beach have air! I am getting heated just typing and retelling the idiotic responses of their staff. I was told that he manager was not available to speak with so I requested that he call me. Dare I say I'm still waiting for a phone call?

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Buddahful
escapeexpert, Guest Relations Manager at Lodges at Cannon Beach, responded to this review, 2 July 2010
We appreciate your feedback, and take your comments seriously.
We assure you that we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer, and as such our team is
reviewing the information you shared in order to further refine our services.

Our mission is to provide each and every guest with a superior vacation experience.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Stunning and luxurious. It is like staying in the Stephanie or Ocean Lodge, but if you had a whole house instead of just a room. A great option for those with kids who want more space than a hotel, without sacraficing the luxury. If I had to think of a downside, it would be that the Lodges are a couple blocks from the beach. Still just a couple minute walk.

• Stayed June 2010