Tolovana Inn(Cannon Beach)
US$ 262
US$ 339
Surfsand Resort(Cannon Beach)
TripAdvisor
Cannon Beach Hotel(Cannon Beach)
TripAdvisor
Ecola Creek Lodge(Cannon Beach)
Hotels.com
Blue Gull Inn(Cannon Beach)
Hearthstone Inn(Cannon Beach)
1,578 results
All reviewswhite heronla colinaflagship buildingocean viewgas fireplaceshops and restaurantsbeach houseking studiogreat viewecola creekpark your carprivate deckwithin walking distancemiddle of townthe north endperfect locationfew steps
Reviewed 17 April 2015

I have never been able to afford a hotel room with a full beach view in the years I've been staying at Cannon Beach, but as the prices of my normal places mysteriously went up, I decided to check out The Waves. They had a deal so it actually we less $$ than my normal places! There was nothing I didn't like about this place. From the moment I got a personal email from the desk clerk, I knew something was different. This place is AMAZING! When I walked in the door, I knew I was in for a treat. The amenities were excellent (real silverware, fridge, plate sets, microwave, glasses, mugs, wine glasses, bathroom stuff nice quality, vacuum for the sand, etc.). The sheets were such a soft microfiber I looked for the brand label! The bed was extremely comfortable as well. Luckily the chairs and table were all light enough that I could move them around to make the windows in front of the view the prime spot to hang out. The gas fireplace was a great treat and put out a lot of heat. It hailed one night I was there and that was very loud on the skylights and woke me up, but having the skylights was worth it! Though this place had all the amenities and details of a very pricey place, it wasn't pricey and was definitely not prissy and stuffy. I felt very welcome and it was very comfortable. Parking was tight but enough. I pretty much never heard neighbors either, the walls are thick. I am typically cold and the heat worked excellently. There is a perfect coffee shop across the street as well. I normally stay in the middle section of Cannon Beach or Manzanita Beach but I really loved being down at this end of the beach. I will come here again for sure. I hope they continue to have deals too. Only complaint was 1) wifi was not that fast, but that didn't bother me much, and 2) I couldn't find the light switch for the porch light which was bright even when the blinds were down.

Room Tip: Top floor in my room had vaulted ceilings and two skylights as well as a skylight in the bathroom, all of which made the room feel very open, large and bright. Just know that since you are on the top floor the pay off is that you will hear (not feel) the wind through the chimney and rain/hail on the skylights.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

Beautiful home 1block from beach
2 blocks from town
Celebrated my daughter's sweet 16 with her best friend and her sister and her best friend
Truly a great time had by all
Company accommodated our late arrival with key so we could get in and rest from traveling
Clean house met all of expectations!!!!
Loved it...

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2015

There are lots of other choices when visiting Cannon Beach but none that match The Waves for location, cozy and comfortable accomidations and fantastic service. We had the pleasure of meeting the proprieters while there and they made us feel like family. Such a welcoming place! My family has stayed at a few places in Cannon beach, some closer to Haystack rock etc. The Waves is perfectly located right on the beach, quiet, and literally steps from most of what I consider the heart of the town. Our room was more of an apartment and well equiped with a kitchen and everything we could need for our romantic weekend. Don't be put off by the label "Motel" either.. No, not the Ritz or the Hilton, but who would want that kind of place at the coast? Definately the perfect coast motel. I'll never stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach are outstanding but dont be afraid to select the ones just behind them. Most rooms have a great view of the ocean from a few different angles.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank TheDude97701
Reviewed 9 April 2015

The Waves motel has many different accomodation choices. There are rooms with multiple bedrooms, unique one of a kind family housing (The Beach House) and “rooms” which have kitchens and “rooms” which are stand alone buildings.

The many different choices for accommodations on this property are a big draw but the main reason you would want to go here is the location. It’s on the north side of 2nd Street shortly off of the main road through Cannon Beach.

If you're going to Cannon Beach, this property has a primo location which allows easy walking to the beach, restaurants and shops.

They have on-site parking, with unique rooms having reserved parking spots. It can take a moment to find parking if you're one of the last cars but we've always found a spot.

Although I've stayed in many rooms at The Waves, I have yet been in one that has air conditioning. If you're there during a summer week of heat it may be less than your idea of bliss. You can open windows and get some breeze.

They don't allow pets at The Waves. Land’s End across the street supposedly does.

Some rooms seem more dated than others. They're working through updating them. The newer furnished rooms feel much nicer. Some rooms are smallish, others large. Take a look at their website to get an idea what your room will look like.

Verizon wireless seemed to work everywhere on site. AT&T seemed to have have small gaps so wandering while talking was iffy.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Take a look at their website to get an idea what your specific room will look like before booking.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

We recently stayed in the Sand Castle Condominium. The location is really good, quiet, with a nice view of the beach from the living room and porch. It is clean and has lots of space (walk in cabinet too) with well equipped kitchen and new appliances. It also has cable tv and wifi (sometimes not working though). We enjoyed the hot tub and the pool. Although the pool is in another building (you need to walk through the parking lot (not that far but you may need a jacket if it's raining or when cold). The only thing I did not like with the condo is it smells old (which made the beddings also smelled old) and needs updating especially outside. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends