“A neighborly home away from home”
Review of Ocean Suites

Ocean Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I spent five days late April 2012 in Harbor, OR. The staff mailed us a detailed map before our trip, welcomed us warmly on arrival, gave us a tour of room selections and explained their services clearly. I mentioned some car trouble on the way up and was offered the use of tools should I need them. We had a room with a kitchenette, just perfect for preparing breakfasts, relaxing over good coffee (Kona provided); a bedroom with TV; couch and recliner in the front room with a TV and free DVD checkout. Since we stayed in the room until later in the mornings when our local family was ready to tour, the cleaning staff, each of whom gave a smile and welcoming comment, observed until we left to come to clean the room and change sheets. We would unhesitatingly recommend the Ocean Suites Motel over the other two located in the harbor. I agree with the positive comments of the other reviews and did use TripAdvisor to search for a good place to stay. Satisfied travelers from San Luis Obispo, CA.

Room Tip: Lower rooms on the South side may not have a "view" because of the hill behind them. The...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank John M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ocean Suites

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Just to be clear, I spend a lot of time on the road and in many different hotels. But I can say without a doubt, this is the best I have ever found. At the suggestion of a colleague, I looked into Ocean Suites and to my pleasant surprise I found everything you could want in a hotel/motel at the Ocean Suites Motel. The room was exceedingly clean, and very well laid out. It was fully stocked in all aspects. The bedding was very comfortable (I like a firm mattress). Cleaner accommodations I have never seen. The staff was the friendliest I have ever met. Wow, I almost hate to write this review, simply because this is such a great place, but the word is out. I will definitely stay here again. 10 stars for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Ray R
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here for a quick spring break overnight trip to the beach with the kids. We looked at the Best Western but it was booked so I stared Yelping and Trip Advisoring to find a decent place to stay. We first looked at a few motels on the main highway and were leery but ready to settle when I spotted Ocean Suites and their 5 star rating on both sights.
Wow! I am so glad that we stayed here! We got the last room too!
This was a great place for our family of 4. A living room (with 1 bed), kitchenette with small dining table, and a separate bedroom. Both the living room and bedroom had TV's. The kitchenette was sparse but able to serve our needs. And they have KONA coffee! Another nice touch was the free DVD checkout at the office.
All of the employees were very friendly and helpful during our stay. I wish we had been able to stay longer than 1 night.
Only 1 small detail kept me from giving them 5 stars- Everything looked and felt very clean, however the sheets had that musty, weird smell that sheets get when left on the shelf. I don't fault them too much for it though, my perfectly clean sheets at home can get the same way.
With that said-We would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Thank you, Ocean Suites for a comfortable place to stay on the Oregon coast:)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Leslie O
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Thank you trupadvisor for this hotel!!! We were going to stay at the best western but found this place instead!!! The man that reserved our room was very friendly and gave us a military discount which saved us $20! We stayed at the very end room and I'm so glad we did because we discovered there is a little water fall hiding back there and if you open the living room window you can hear it!!! The room was huge and the bathroom was perfect size!! We will stay next time we come to brookings!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank brasserk
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Best place to stay in Brookings! Michelle is a true value to that business all the staff is friendly, rooms are very clean! It is like your home away from home! Cannot wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank dotlea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
0.3 km away
1.6 km away
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
#3 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Ocean Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK