“Very good but could be metro excellent.”
Review of Art Alley Grille

Art Alley Grille
Ranked #7 of 64 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Medford, Oregon
“Very good but could be metro excellent.”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We followed the reviews to have dinner. The place is charming, artful. We just came in from the beach which took our server a minup
te to wrap around but we all got our menus toot sweet. Our orders were a soups, sales I had tuna app, jack had the Korean beef app. Jason and sophie had pasta dinners. The clam chowder was much better than the award winning chowder we had at lunch. The salad would have been great but the bagged julien carrots were dry and drug down the entire salad. I had to pick them out to enjoy. The Korean beef was perfectly seasoned and cooked exactly right. Seared, crispy, caramerly on the outside, perfectly pink inside. Sophies pasta Raphael was loaded with seafood but slightly underseasoned. The clams were a little ripe. I found her dish a bit pedestrian. Jason had pasta & chicken, capers, wine, cream type sauce. Very nicely done and would be super with prawns. Lu tuna was again perfectly cooked. The marinade was lovely and devoid the cheap trick of sugar to cover a chefs lack of talent. Served with wasabi, I was delighted. Until I found those freakin julien carrots. The chefs are clearly skilled but there were a couple of minor quality issues. I would highly recommend for their skill with meat but would advise the chefs to not let shortcuts cheapin great food and throw away anything that isn't sweet fresh.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Medford, Oregon
“The art isn't just hanging on the walls.”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

In the spirit of the Basho saying "We don't have art. We do everything as well as we can," one can say that the good quality ingredients are prepared here as well as they can be. The encrusted fresh Halibut was as good as I've ever had it, and the rack of Lamb was, well, also as good as I've ever had it. Side dishes were great, and the bread pudding with whiskey sauce was far and above the best I've ever tasted. It's a bit like dining in an elegant metro area instead of the little beach town of Brookings. Loved it so much I came back for the brunch on Sunday morning. It was very good as well, but if you only go for one meal, make it dinner! The fresh halibut was $24 and the rack of lamb $25, but those are not entree prices. You get soup, salad and side dishes included. The soup was seafood gumbo, and very good, but a little too peppery for me. The salad with homemade blue cheese dressing was wonderful. Service was good, friendly without being space invaders, though it seemed like a bit of a long wait time for the meal, but the quality more than made up for the wait. In a word, GO!

• Visited March 2012
sciinnkeeper
“Don't Miss The Experience of The Art Alley Grille”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

As a Brookings Resident, I know what is available in town. I own and operate a Bed And Breakfast so I know a little bit about how presentation and fantastic-tasting food should be delivered. It is not easy to accomplish it consistently. When you do arrive at that balance you have separated your business from the mediocre and simply become a must-experience establishment . There are other restaurants in Brookings that are fantastic, however, if you are here for one night only, you should consider the Art Alley Grille.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank sciinnkeeper
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The Sunday brunch was great, plenty of menu choices and all entrees include a beverage and side. Only downside is the service staff is unprofessional.

• Visited March 2012
“Fine dining in a quaint atomsphere surrounded by local art- what more can you as for!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband, 4 yr old and I stopped here for Sunday brunch while traveling through Brookings. We were impressed by the local art, friendly keyboardest and interesting menu items. It was obvious they do not often get child diners, but the waitress and kitchen staff did their best to make our daughter feel welcomed and adjust her dish to suit her. The food was fantastic!

1 Thank Wanderlust_judds