“Total Crooks”

and 1 more site!
Spindrift Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 12 October 2011

These folks took my reservation, then when I cancelled it a few days later, they never acknowledged my call, and charged my debit card anyway. We are still in a battle about this, as I refuse to pay for a hotel room I never stayed in. They are insisting we never cancelled, but we did. I have no proof. So as a lesson to you, get a cancellation number when you cancel a motel room, or thieves like Joey, the manager here, will try to steal your money.

Room Tip: Be sure and get a cancellation NUMBER, or you could get ripped off too!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Glenna C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

An older motel, but our room interior apparently recently renovated. New wallpaper, carpet, bathroom tile. All was very clean and beds comfortable. Coffee maker & fridge in room. No breakfast. They allow small dogs for $10 fee. Large , grassy area across the parking lot where they can run. Rates were good for 3 people. The room taxes were MUCH less than we paid in Arcata, down the road. We paid a lot more for a room in Arcata that was less clean than this one. Our only complaint was the old style room key, with the motel name & room on it. If you lose one, someone could come into your room if the dead bolt is not set from the inside. Not as safe as the newer style cards.
Nice people at the desk. Quiet area, no traffic noise.

Room Tip: You can see the ocean from the parking lot or the upper rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Doolittlespots
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Just sleep in your car.... Like other reviews, (which I wish I would of read before) this place, and the people who "own it" and double as the nice couple "Joey & Nicole" don't really care who you are, if you ever stay again or how your stay was in the 1st place. We had PET URINE soaked carpets. Was TOLD we would have a partial credit for our stay and having to transfer to another room. The credit NEVER came (imagine that!) and call after call they never followed through. It's not about the credit, now it's about principal. Bad, bad business. It's smelly and dirty and it should be avoided!

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank DBTA
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My girlfriend and I chose this motel because from the outside it looked nice. It is in a convienient location and we were tired. The young man was very friendly and helpful. Our experience went downhill from there. We paid close to 100.00 for a room that from first appearance looked like a Motel 6 with a bathtub. We settled in and went to dinner. When we came back and prepared for relaxation, we looked around a little. The bathtub was DIRTY. At first it just looked stained but upon closer inspection, it was dirty. Someone must have used the tub previously and the maid didn't bother to clean it. I prepared for bed (without a shower) and checked out the coffee pot so I could get it ready for the morning. It was still full of coffee from the previous guests. At this point, I couldn't trust anything was cleaned. The floor in the bathroom was dirty and the glass I unwrapped to use was chipped at the rim. When I asked for coffee the following morning in the lobby the staff person said the coffee post was broken. I asked for a partial refund after complaining about all the problems. I called a few times to follow up and the staff person said the owner has to authorize refunds. I ased if he could be called and the gal who I talked to said, and I quote, he doesn't give us his phone number because he doesn't want to be bothered. I give up - I didn't get and refund and the girl didn't seem to care.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mcnewsue
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The place looks nice, then you look around. the tub was clean the toilet was not. Ok now this part is confusing. The bedding was clean but whoever made the bed didn't check the dirty bedding because the mattress was wet. I think whoever stayed the night before spilled alcohol on theattress and the maid didn't notice. That will make you say hmm. On the bright side the guy at the fromt desk is polite and helpful. The town was full so we didn't have the option to leave when we noticed the mattress was wet he helped us flip the mattress and remake the bed he also cleaned the bathroom himself. I'm thinking the new maid they hired won't be here long. The price would have been reasonable if the room had been clean

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Ronda64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
3.3 km away
35.0 km away
Ocean View Inn & Suites
Ocean View Inn & Suites
#1 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Spindrift Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK