All reviews canyon view the deschutes river old mill gas fireplace nice patio free beer separate sitting area great view of the river king suite yogurt breakfast room walking path two sinks enjoyed our stay rooms are large jacuzzi tub murphy bed
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Food was small portions but much better than your typical continental. Room was HUGE for the price and very easy w families. We traveled w a 7 & 19 yr old and didn't feel like we were on top of each other. Great bed. Pull is what you expect w a pull out.
Nice amenities and overall clean, the tub had minor mold on the caulking.
Staff wasn't 100% on it for local details, height of ski season and they didn't know where the shuttle picks up or that it had moved, they are 10 min away. Come prepared on what info you will need for local area. Staff friendly, has the limits of small staff due to small # of rooms, but not the local knowledge of a B & B and local owners.
Will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelKats1234
Reviewed 24 January 2016

My daughter and I have stayed here two years in a row when we come to ski at Mt Bachelor. The room we booked had a sunken living room with a gas fireplace and a patio overlooking the river. The rooms was plenty spacious for both of us and all our ski boots and clothes without feeling crowded. The living room had a fold out sofa sleeper which of course they just can't be made comfortable but it does give a nice addition.
The staff has always been very friendly and professional. I went looking for vending machines our first night there and was told they don't have any but the desk clerk went and got me a large glass of orange juice in a nice collectible glass, free of charge. The hotel does serve breakfast but it is more than continental. There is a server who will take your order from two daily choices and cook them to to order.
I would have given an excellent rating except for the lack of vending machines, I also would have liked separate glasses/cups for brushing teeth. The only glasses in the room are supposed to be for drinking. Also, it would be nice to have a bit of a divider between the patios. a planter doesn't offer much privacy. Also, and this seems to be universal at almost every hotel, they put little cards out to say "leave towels on the rack if you want to re-use." I leave them on the rack but room service inevitably changes them anyway. Not a negative just a comment. Save the paper if you don't intend to follow it. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: get a river view, the other side is a parking lot
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

First I will start by saying that the front desk staff was very helpful and tried their best.....
But, whoever is the manager of this hotel should be fired!!
We booked a weekend snowboarding trip for my girlfriends birthday. Unfortunately, the hotel overbooked our reservation and told us that we would be unable to stay in the same room for our entire stay. As a gesture, they offered an upgraded room.
Upon arrival we were told that they had good news- that although we had to switch rooms after our first night that we would have a "suite" for the remaining two nights thanks to a last minute cancelation.....
The room that we were moved to was nothing more than a river view standard room, and a downgrade from the room that we originally were in.
But the downgrades didn't stop there. Our "suite" didn't have working hot water, which was a known problem by the front desk staff!! According to the guy at the front desk they had been experiencing hot water problems in our new room for over a week and were waiting to have it fixed. Ultimately, we were unable to use the room to shower and were forced to use an on occupied room down the hall (Again the desk staff tried to be as helpful as possible). If I wanted to stay in a hostile I would have booked the Mcmennamins in the first place!! The worst part is that they still had the actual suites that we were originally booked in available, but told us that we would have to pay extra to move back to our original room.
As I said, whoever is the manager of this hotel should be fired!! The front desk staff tried to fix the situation to the best of their ability but were denied by the manager who apparently just manages the hotel from the comfort of their living room.
If the quality of your vacation is important to you I would recommend a different option!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent P
Andy G, General Manager at Pine Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Hi Vincent - thanks for your recent stay with us and feedback about your experience. First off - I hope you had a great time up at Mt. Bachelor, the conditions have been incredible this season, with more snow in the forecast! I apologize for not being available over the weekend, for I do not work at the property daily, but between myself and Sara - our Assistant General Manager whom you worked with, we are always available to assist with any matter at the hotel and are in contact with our staff working the front desk 24/7. I'm sorry that your original room type was overbooked for your first night, but glad we were able to upgrade you to a Deluxe Canyon View Suite that night, and get you into your originally reserved Canyon View Suite the remainder of your stay. Also - in regards to the hot water issue, this is currently being addressed and fixed, but has experienced intermittent down-time in certain rooms after some recent HVAC system upgrades. Again - thanks for your feedback and recent stay with us, I hope you make it back up to Mt. Bachelor again before the end of the winter season! Happy travels,
Andy Goggins
andy@pineridgeinn.com - always available to help!

Reviewed 13 January 2016

We've bee coming to Bend for years to get some snow time on Bachelor. We always look for packages that incl. lift ticket and the old Double Tree used to be our go to until they changed ownership, jacked the rates WAY UP and discontinued lift passes in the room rate. We also like to walk apres ski for drinks and dinner. Pine Ridge is approx. 1.5 miles to downtown Bend. Pine Ridge offers 1/2 price lift pass AND 3rd night free if you book 2 nights AND hot breakfast. That saved us $300 in passes and $169(ish) on the 4 night stay. The room was canyon view suite and roomy. The gas fire is a nice aesthetic. The coffee maker broke and we left a note for cleaning service which had us a replacement by evening. The breakfast is subpar, but it's protein to get you out the door. Our biggest gripe was the water pressure. You have to run around the tub to get a decent shower, and if you run the two sink faucets you will not have a shower. It also took nearly 10 minutes for the hot water to reach our room. I emailed rep. Andy Goggins for comment and he said, "The water pressure issue doesn’t come up very often, but has come up recently for a couple rooms and had our local plumber as well as our HVAC folks go through the entire property and fix any issues that may impact our water pressure, so we’re confident the issue has been addressed at this point."

My question would be WHEN did the plumber/HVAC go through to instill his confidence b/c we were just trying to shower there 2 days ago...

Bottom line, check your pressure when you arrive, then go hit the slopes!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Pine Ridge Inn in July and December of 2015. Our Canyon Suite was clean with lots of room and cozy. We loved the view of the river. The location is close to Mt. Bachelor, Mill District and downtown. The staff is friendly and attentive. The complimentary breakfast is good. Overall, we loved our stay and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: The Canyon View Suite has a balcony and river view. It is roomy and cozy at the same time.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple