All reviewsathletic clubski housethe deschutes riverhot tub on the deckathletic centerprivate deckconference centerclose to townliving roomfull kitchenone bedroom unitold millhide a bedhiking trailsdowntown bendminute driveski trip
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We made a reservation for Mt. Bachelor as part of a major trip to Oregon/Cali, and Idaho. We followed the advice of theabominablesnowman and directly contacted the private condo owner via Craig's list (listed as 2 br-Mt. Bachelor Village Condo--owner's name is Kylie). She was very easy to work with; however, less than a week into our family's 2 1/2 week vacation, a close relative passed away back home in Indiana and we had to cancel the rest of our trip and return home immediately. Kylie was the only condo.owner we booked with who was flexible and kind enough to return our payment in full (we had pre-paid, which was the case with all of our reserved condos). When we return to Oregon, we intend to visit Bend and will definitely go out of our way to rebook with Kylie given her gracious understanding of our difficult situation.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I was a little hesitant to book a condo here after reading a few of the negative reviews on trip advisor. What I've learned in my traveling experiences and reading tons of reviews on this site is that it's really tough to please everyone and that each experience, and in the case of a condo resort, each room/condo is very different. I decided to play it safe and spend a little more money and book an river view condo. I called and spoke to an extremely friendly person, Amanda. What a sweetheart. I told her that my wife and I are very particular about where we stay and I wanted her assurance that we would only be put in an upgraded unit with a great view. She gave me her word and had her supervisor email me the next day for added assurance. They certainly came through. I felt like I was walking into a brand new condo. I believe it was 331A. Flat screen tv over the fp, updated kitchen and appliances, it even smelled new. Great balcony overlooking the trees and the river down below. The only knock I have is the rock hard bed. Spend a few dollars and purchase a pillow top cover. Other than that, great place and the best view in town for the money.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2008

When I called the resort, they gave me the Orbitz rate even without booking through Orbitz, which was $50 less than the going rate. Property is right on a glorious walking trail along the Deschutes River, full of ponderosa trees, sage, wildlife, etc. Trail goes for several miles, apparently all the way to town and to Sunriver in either direction. Mountain biking and running is also possible at various places along the trail. Take a picnic and sit by the river!

We stayed in the Executive Suites which are advertised as motel rooms. Full of mirrors, with a window nook and graced by aspen trees, it was nicer than most motels for the same price. Has a fridge, free wireless, and access to pool, hot tub on site and an athletic club nearby. Our room didn't have a river view but we didn't expect it for the sale $99 price.

Location is excellent, only a couple of miles to downtown, yet it feels like it's up in the mountains as it's on the way to the ski area, and right on the river nestled in the trees.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank lauralei_7
Reviewed 23 May 2008

This was our first visit to Bend Oregon and we loved it. The area was beautiful and very diverse. If you like rivers waterfalls hiking, fishing skiing, relaxing then Bend is for you. I was impressed by the quaint older part of town mixed with the newer trendy eating and shopping spots like the Mill. Our Condo was newly remodeled and beautifully furnished. We had a fantastic view of trees and the Deschutes river. My husband enjoyed the gym/spa within walking distance of our unit. The unit had a full updated kitchen and a washer/dryer combo for convenience. I was very impressed. The weather was on the cooler side some days but it did warm up to the 80s for two days. We drove to Mt Bachelor for some snow for my daughter and hiked around the river and drove to some beautiful waterfalls. The restaurants are great the people friendly and we had a spectacular time.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank teacupmama
Reviewed 24 February 2008

I stayed in a very cute loft condo in ski house 1, I know some people have said that their condo was out-dated but this one was very nice with brand new furniture and bedding. I booked it through a private owner through the internet and saved almost half compared to the rates the resort staff charges for the same condo and that's probably one of the out-dated one's. If you do a craigslist search for vacation condos in bend you will see a few on there for mt bachelor village. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo