All reviewsathletic clubski housethe deschutes riverhot tub on the deckathletic centerprivate deckconference centerclose to townliving roomfull kitchenone bedroom unitold millhide a bedhiking trailsdowntown bendminute driveski trip
Reviewed 17 November 2011

A couple months ago we made a reservation for a Ski House Room, and weren’t impressed with the room (customer service was fantastic though…very friendly staff). We had another opportunity to stay at Mount Bachelor Village Resort…this time in a River Ridge 2 bedroom Suite (rm. 431-A). Wow, what a difference! The room was beautifully decorated, well maintained, and most important…very clean. I wish we would have had more time to hang out in the room! I’m sure there are nice Ski House Rooms too, but after this visit, I highly recommend staying in a River Ridge Suite…you won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Oregon_CM
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This was a business trip. There are condos, one in which a colleague of mine stayed, and single rooms, where I stayed. Her condo overlooked a breathtaking view of a rushing river; mine overlooked the parking lot. Her's had a kitchen and hot tub; mine had a TV. However, my room was clean, nicely appointed, though a bit stark. I read some reviews that suggested a cleanliness issue and found that not to be the case at all. Some updating might be in order, as there was a decidedly 80s feel to the room. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not. I did not have a chance to check out the breakfast situation, but others in our group complained for a variety of reasons, mainly because of a long wait...The location is amazing!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank themajortraveler
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed here 1st week in August with friends on 2nd floor of ski loft villa. Room was clean, very friendly staff, good location (short drive to downtown Bend restaurant/shops & old mill district). Ski loft had 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths. Loft bedroom was nice size with king bed (bigger than bedroom in 1st floor). No central air (portable unit on lower level. My only negative feeling was it was a bit pricey for a unit that's not updated. We paid $229/night (199+20.90taxes+9.95 resort fee). The furniture was a bit outdated, and the dishwasher & oven were older than I am. I'm no snob, just think if you're paying over $200+/night it should be somewhat updated. Kitchen was stocked nicely with utensils/plates, unit also had few games/books. Beautiful walking trail right next to unit along Deschutes River.

If you're looking for something to do, I highly recommend the Wonderlust kayak tour on Sparks lake, it was the most beautiful lake I've ever seen!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Traveler4Ever_7
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I don’t need fancy, and can handle outdated, but I do need clean. Between the website pictures/description and the price, we thought we were choosing a nice place to stay in Bend. The only availability was for Ski House rooms. The first room we were put in was a 1 bedroom Ski House (rm #143). It was dim, outdated and rundown looking. The vacuum job was horrible; there were cheerios, crumbs, dust and fuzz on the floor. Then we discovered a white smear on the comforter near where our faces would be. I can’t handle dried bodily fluid from an unknown person, so we called the front desk and requested to be moved. The gentleman was apologetic and moved us to a 2 bedroom Ski House (rm #159) for no additional charge. The 2nd room was nicer with better lighting than the first. However, the cleanliness was still seriously lacking. Again, the floor wasn’t vacuumed well, there was a crumbled napkin next to the TV and a large piece of SOILED toilet paper on a plunger in the bathroom. It was plain to see as soon as you walked in! This was the first weekend getaway my husband and I were able to do without the kids or dog in 2 years, so I was in tears thinking our weekend would be ruined. There was no way I could have stayed in that room, so we headed into town and found a room at the Shilo Inn, and went back to Mount Bachelor Village Resort to check out and make sure we wouldn’t be charged. The only positive part of the experience was that the front desk rep was understanding and apologetic (my reason for a "poor" rating instead of "terrible"). This was the worst hotel experience we’ve ever had, and we didn’t even stay there! We have stayed in places half the cost and had cleaner and better maintained rooms than Mount Bachelor Village Resort. What could have been a pleasant start to our weekend, turned into over 2 hours of wasted time and a headache from not getting dinner until 9:30pm. We were told that there were new cleaners, and that the resort had already had a meeting about it. If this is true, they were aware that the rooms weren’t being cleaned properly. I hope for the sake of future guests, they take immediate action and make cleanliness a top priority!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oregon_CM
Paul B, Front Office Manager at Mount Bachelor Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Although it's not pleasant to read, it is helpful to know when we don't meet our high standards of cleaniness. We take pride in our Resort to ensure that every guest has a memorable and fun experience. We fell short in delivering those high standards to you.

Paul Beatty

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had a 2 room suite. The room was very spacious and the view was beautiful. My daughter was playing in a softball tournament so the in-room laundry was a great bonus. The room was a little outdated and stuffy but very clean. The only downside was the lack of restaurant and things to do on property. However, it is very close to the Mill District and downtown.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family