“Old Hampton inn that was dropped b/c of exterior corridors”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Deschutes River – Bend
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 10 April 2010

The rooms were surprisingly modern and met basic hampton inn standards even now. Perhaps more like a fairfield inn but still decent. Don't get the paper on sundays however. And they they are small rooms but linens are modern. Convenient location and I didn't notice noise much. Close to gas stations and restaurants including 24 hr which is rare in Bend

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 July 2009

The hotel was clean except for the air conditioner. I had to take a wash cloth to clean off the mold. The desk wasn't too concerned. There so called hot breakfast consisted of a waffle. No fruit. Just cold cereal. Nothing to write home about. They advertise wireless internet. If you want to sit in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My mother and I recently stayed in the Bend Inn and Suites. We were very pleased when we found out the hotel was a Hampton Inn until last year. It still has Hampton Inn beds, furniture, toiletries, etc. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. The problem was the commode. After using it for the first time I flushed it and instead of going down, the water came up. Luckily it didn't overflow. I called the front desk and after telling them what happened the guy said, "Do you need a plunger?" I told him yes since we wouldn't be able to use the commode otherwise. After 20-25 minutes he finally arrived with the plunger. It had apparently been recently used since the rubber end was in a plastic bag that was wet inside. Instead of coming in and fixing the commode himself, he handed me the plunger and told me when I was finished with it to set it outside the door and call him to come get it. If he'd been the only employee on duty, I would have understood his not plunging the commode for us but there was another guy working the desk that night.

The next morning we arrived at the complimentary continental breakfast 30 minutes before they were due to end the breakfast. There was only one biscuit left and since I knew it wouldn't be enough for both my mother and me I asked the girl working the breakfast area if they had anymore biscuits and she took the plate and went in the back. Then she went across the lobby to another room and brought back a bag of frozen biscuits. Then she came out and said they were cooking more and it would be about 3 minutes. About 5 minutes later another employee said the biscuits would be ready in 3 minutes. About 10 minutes later they brought out warm biscuits. Since the gravy pan was practically empty I asked if they were going to put out more gravy but I was told no since it was almost time for breakfast to be over. After scraping the last of the gravy from the pan and eating my biscuit and gravy they brought out a pan of fresh gravy.

In my opinion, this is a poorly managed hotel. Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 5 July 2007

This is truly a Motel 6 converted to a Hampton. The hotel is located between 2 highways so the property is noisy, although I didn't have any problem sleeping. But then that was after travelling all day from Florida! The room was way too small for 2 people and a weeks worth of clothing. There really weren't any amenities on property and the continental breakfast was very weak, room was warm and too crowded. We checked out the next morning and went to Seventh Mountain where we could enjoy a real vacation.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2007

This Hampton Inn should not be able to use the Hampton Inn name. The room was SMALL and the cleaning staff used something that left a strong, acrid smell in the room that would not air out, even with the door open. Maybe it's a disinfectant or spray of some kind. It left my eyes burning and sinuses inflamed. I considered using the 100% satisfaction guaranteed refund option but just wanted to leave and get some fresh air. I choose Hampton Inns for the fresh quality but this one tricked us. Stay at the Shiloh Inn across the street.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business