“A truly wonderful experience”
Review of Jackalope Grill

Jackalope Grill
Ranked #53 of 486 Restaurants in Bend
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Jackalope Grill is dedicated to old-fashioned warmth and affordability while delivering superior food and service. Chef Tim was born and raised on the Washington coast. “Wild fish and game wasn’t so special back then—it was what Dad brought home for dinner.” (That's Tim's Dad in 1947 "foraging" successfully.) A winding trail and serendipity brought Tim to one of France’s best culinary schools. “Culinary school offers every student the same training but mine has given form to memories of my Grandmother’s kitchen and the smells of French country villages on Sunday morning.” Co-owner Kathy Garling oversees the front of the house, applying a wealth of culinary expertise and curates the wine list featuring extensive Northwest selections.
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Went there for a birthday dinner. We have soured a bit on the restaurant scene in Bend. Too many brewpubs, not enough quiet dining paces with excellent food. She had the Osso Bucco, I had the Cioppino Seafood Pasta. Both were very fresh, cooked appropriately and with great flavors. The salads were great as well. The couple next to us were from Texas and had the scallops. They mentioned they were the best they had found in Bend. The service was great as well.We can't wait to go back. They have a wonderful very private seating area outside that we did not use because of the smoke from the fires.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I have a feeling of guilt since I am a resident of Bend and have been driving by Jackalope Grill for seven years, not realizing that it is right up there with Ariana Restaurant. Often I try a Caesar salad as a test of how conscientious the chef is about his/her menu; the Caesar was over the top! For entrees, we had duck breast and rock fish -- again we have never had better. Chef Garling took Rock Fish and turn it into a gourmet's delight, and my wife's duck breast was done to perfection with an incredibly wonderful sauce (she shared a piece :-)).

Reviewed 7 August 2018

can't get over the lovely garden, going up the walls of the patio; very nice attentive waitstaff and a nice selection, the kale salad was great, as was the gnocchi and the saltimbocca with polenta was wonderful.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We had a very high end meal with diverse flavors and good wine. We enjoyed the fresh beet salad and the grilled romaine salad. Both were delicious, as well as the main courses.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I've eaten at the Jackalope Grill in many years. I'm super glad I did! First and foremost their back patio is beautiful. Sitting there your reminded of dining New Orleans or France. Your surrounded by flowers and plants in a most wonderful way.

Second the food was wonderful. We had three different menu items and they were all very good. A standout was their French fries. I know it's an odd thing to comment on when you can have things like stuffed mushrooms or escargot. But I have to say their French fries were so good we kept eating them even though we were stuffed.

Everything was excellent quality and fresh. You can't really go wrong. Our server was attentive and even remade a drink that one of our party didn't care for.

Overall, if your looking for a romantic dining experience this one is it! I gave it 4 stars as the chairs on the patio were not very comfortable and most of our party was complaining by the end of our dinner. If they fixed the chairs this would be our go to.