“This place should close.”
Review of Pure Kitchen

Pure Kitchen
Ranked #258 of 486 Restaurants in Bend
Reviewed 12 November 2015

This is a place that serves all kinds of small plates. We each got two dishes because that is what was recommended. We thought the servings were small, expensive and not very good. I would eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 12 October 2014

I really hope this place makes it! Been there twice and I really like the decor and the overall feel of the restaurant. I had the same server both times and she was very knowledgable and overall did a good job of waiting on me. Problem is she is the ONLY server. The first time i was meeting a group of friends there before going to see a ski film at the tower theater. When I arrived at 7:10 I was fortunate to get the last seat at the bar. Virtually every seat in the small dining room was taken also, clearly the movie had brought out the local skiers. I got my drink at 7:20 just as my other friends arrived. Unfortunately when they came in the server was no longer behind the bar. By 7:35 we decided it was not going to happen anytime soon and left.

The next time I came in with my wife. She also loved the look of the place and commented on how comfortable the setting was. We ordered a couple drinks and a braised prawn appetizer. The place was about half full, manageable for 1 person. 25 minutes later it is almost full and still no appetizer. We saw food at other tables and it looked and smelled amazing. The prawns came at about 35 minutes and they were fantastic. Problem was by then we were beyond hungry and needed food so we asked for the check and went across the street for dinner.

Bend is a tough restaurant town. I really, really hope they figure out the staffing. If so, the place will be a hit. If not it will be gone within a year.

I'll give it one more shot.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My girlfriend and I spent a nice late afternoon here after a day of skiing. We tried several small plates, including calamari, fish taco, fried tofu, but the best dish was the salmon and shredded mango salad. The salmon was so fresh and perfectly tender and seasoned. The mojito that I had was one of the best every with lots of mint and muddled lime. The bartender server was attentive and not bad on the eyes. I would highly recommend this place and return again when I am in the area as there were many delicious looking things on the menu that I would like to try.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Fantastic evening. The drinks were outstanding - mojitos a must. We tried the J and ginger mojitos - next time it will be another flavor. The small plates we had were delicious and well prepared - dumplings, lettuce wraps and lemongrass soup. I had the Mahi Mahi in curry - a taste treat. My husband enjoyed the ramen noodles! Sticky rice in coconut milk with mango top the evening off. The bartender and wait staff helped make this a very special evening.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Enjoyed an evening with some friends having dinner here. Their lemongrass soup was very rich and delicious. . .we called it "desert" soup (though it was served with the entree?). Wait staff very friendly, atmosphere cute. Enjoyed our visit.