“A wonderful nostalgic step back in time! Great staff!!”
Review of Cultus Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bend
Cultus Lake Resort
Ranked #8 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Bend
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Only 30 minutes out of Sunriver is this favorite 1960's throwback to an era of tidy and functional knotty pine cabins set right on the lake's edge, in the pines! No phones, no pool but YES on pets. I love the owners Dan & Sandy--they are crazy busy, but take the time to relate to their guests! Our group of 6-8 cabins had meals all planned out for our 4 day stay, and served them family style from a central cabin where we had the nightly campfire, but next year we will plan to go up the hill for the amazing looking ribs (all-you-can-eat!) and maybe a breakfast or two! LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Room Tip: Internet access was slow going..but the speed kept me OFF the phone and more involved in LIFE!! A b...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Cultus lake is beautiful and I highly recommend it to anyone. But, I would recommend that anyone avoid the staff at the resort at all costs. They fraudulently charged my credit card $750 and did absolutely nothing to fix it. They put it on me to call my bank and fix it. After hours on the phone and several days later I did get my money back. But, I should not have to spend my time fixing their mistake. They were the ones who made the error of charging the $750 and they kept blaming my bank and my credit card and even me. It was unbelievable. The customer service was so poor that I was simply confused.

In short, I highly recommend the area. But, if you spend money at the resort you will do so at your own risk.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jacob L
sleighcampbell, Owner at Cultus Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

You must have rented either a jet ski or pontoon boat which requires a $750 security deposit...not a fraudulent charge. We reverse the hold and YOUR BANK must then release the funds...we are sorry you had a bad experience

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Cultus Lake Resort is, as noted, a bare-bones resort on one of the most beautiful boatable Cascade lakes. The rooms have refrigerators (some), a cooktop and oven, sink, blender, a few dishes, assorted flatware and a few pots, a bathroom and fireplace. The beds come with a fitted sheet, but NOTHING ELSE, so bring all linens and kitchen equipment. The lake, itself, is cold year-round -- my testometer objects even in mid-August, although I do go in the water, albeit briefly, to cool off.

The lodge restaurant is pretty good for breakfasts and lunch, and the weekend ribs and chicken at dinner are good. Make sure to bring all food supplies that you will need, as off-site stores are 45 minutes away, at best, and the on-site store has limited offerings, which are expensive.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2015

We go to Cultus Lake several times in the summer with our boat. It is a a great lake with beauitiful views. Most lakes in central Oregon have a 5 mph speed limit, but Cultus doesn't. They have an excellent boat launch area--we take our boat to the far end where there is a long, sandy beach...people can camp there too. Oh! And the restaurant has a yummy breakfast. We haven't eaten lunch or dinner there. The resort is very clean and inviting. The cabins look nice; however, we have never spent the night.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2015

I wanted to make sure that we put in a review for the wonderful time we had at Cultus Lake Resort the week of August 30th through September 6th. We have stayed previously, but it's been about ten years . After reading some of the negative reviews we got a little nervous, but we had nothing to worry about. Everyone at the resort was very nice and wonderful to us. We stayed in cabin #10, which has a beautiful view of the lake. We did not get a chance to have dinner at the restaurant, but did have two incredible breafasts, including the Sunday Brunch which was amazing. You will NOT walk away hungry!!!

The fall weather had set in the week we stayed, but we were able to use the HUGE inside fireplace keeping us nice and toasty warm. The cabin also had two wall heaters (one in the living room and one in the bedroom) that kept the cabin nice and warm during the night. These are rustic cabins with the comforts of home, but also give you the feeling of camping with out being in the cold and rain. We did bring some bedding, sleeping bags, towels and some kitchen items that we thought we might need, but the kitchen was stocked with good enough pots, pans and dishes. Our cabin had several pans to use including a cast iron pan that was well seasoned (shocked me, since most people do not know how to take care of them). We basically brought all the items we would need for camping (minus the tent), but did not need all of them. If you are looking for a spa resort you have come to the wrong place, but if you're looking for a rustic retreat with nature, you have arrived :O)

We will not be letting 10 years pass before to head up there again. Already giving thought to when we want to visit next year.

Thanks agin Cultus Lake Resort for a wonderful time,