New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Bend Value Inn

Bend Value Inn
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Seattle, WA
“Good basic motel, excellent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Room was clean, although there was a faint old-cigarette-smoke smell in the supposedly non-smoking room. The room had a microwave and a small refer, which was nice. We didn't specify that, so be sure to ask for it if you need it. The bathroom was fine and the shower worked well. The room heater also worked very well, which was good because it got below freezing outside the night we were there (mid-April.) Our TV and remote worked just fine, although I think it would be helpful to have directions on how to use the remote in the room, because it operates both the TV and the cable box, and that aspect is a little non-obvious.

The street it is on was relatively quiet the night we were there, and it is close enough to downtown to be very handy.

Overall, this is a great place to stay if you just need a bed for the night. As I said, it's very basic, so I wouldn't really consider it a "destination" hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with microwave and refer if you need those.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank ILuvItaly042
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

My fiancé and I were in town visiting family last week, we called to make a last minute change to our reservation and the hotels manager was very accommodating. We asked to add an additional night to our stay and he generously matched the price we had paid online for the previous nights. The hotel was located close to downtown nightlife and dining options. Our room was clean and perfect for the two of us. We would both recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Bend! Looking forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Katie S
Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

My wife and I stayed for one evening on Sunday, 9/25/11 on our way back to northern California from Idaho. Our initial impression of the room (24) was favorable: spacious, clean, included microwave and micro-fridge. But my wife noticed that the TV remote control had no batteries, and the pillows were very thin and unsupportive. So I went to the small office, which is always locked--you must ring a doorbell for service 24/7. The middle-aged man, short in stature and speaking in a non-Hispanic foreign accent, handed me two batteries and told me he would come by the room with two extra pillows in 15 minutes. Even with the batteries the remote still didn't work--we had but one TV channel. Back toward the office I went, and he was outside it with no extra pillows. "Two more pillows, I charge you 5 extra dollars," he said, and this was after he asked me why I needed them. What in the world?! I told him I didn't want them in that case, and also told him the remote still didn't work. "New remote, new batteries," he kept repeating over and over. I asked him, in light of the remote not working if he could give us the extra pillows for no charge. "No. Extra pillows I charge you five dollars." Unbelievable. "That's your final answer?" I asked. "You're still going to charge me for the pillows even though you can't get the remote control to work?" When he answered affirmatively, I told him, "We're never staying at your motel again," to which he curtly said "Good night," and closed the office door in my face.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend the Bend Value Inn. In addition to the above, a number of people stay there long...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eric95401

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

Sacramento
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Three of us were on a motorcycle trip in June and had made a reservation for this motel. Two days before our scheduled arrival we changed plans. I called to cancel the reservation and the man that answered said I did not have one. The reservation was made thru a service on-line and I gave him my conf#. He didn't want to hear it. I tried to cancel on-line. The site does not allow it. I called the toll free number and the recording said to do it on-line. hmmm. Frustrated, I called the motel again. This time a woman answered and said she would cancel our reservation. I asked for her name and she would not give it to me and hung up on me. I'm checking today to see if I was billed for the room and need to dispute it on my card.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank bigdogbandit1
bendvalueinn, Manager at Bend Value Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2011
Sorry for the confusion. All online reservations have to be cancelled online and most of our online affiliates have a 7 day prior to your arrival refund policy. All reservations made online will clearly list the refund policy and this will avoid future misunderstandings. Thank You!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

My wife, son and I stayed here for memorial day weekend while visiting family. The motel was in an excellent location, and it was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Also for the value it is hard to beat. I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Talk with Vimal, he is very helpful
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family