“An Absolute Must!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wanderlust Tours

Wanderlust Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Award winning half-day adventures with naturalist guides since 1993! Offering daily Canoe, Kayak, Cave, Volcano, Snowshoe and GPS Eco-Challenge Tours. Evening Moonlight Canoe and Snowshoe tours and Bonfire Snowshoe trips on select dates. No experience necessary, family-friendly tours with transportation and all equipment provided. Discover What's Around This Bend!
Seaside
“An Absolute Must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

From the phone call to book my brewery tour to the pick up at my hotel to the drop off at the end everything was fantastic. I recommend asking for Rachael, she's a perfect blend of knowledgeable, sweet, and attentive. The price is a great value, and I'm already planning my next adventure.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Midland Park, New Jersey
“Unique Adventure Trip in Bend, OR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I took the guided moonlight canoe trip and had a wonderful time. It was a lot of fun to see the area I remember as a kid in a new perspective. We had a fantastic guide who had a lot of information to share. Great time!

Visited September 2011
Richland, Washington
“Not your average snowshoeing day that included beautiful scenery and an education in forestry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We went snowshoeing near Mt. Bachelor on New Year's Day 2012. We drove from Sunriver at 1:30 and arrived at about 2:00. We were snowshoeing for approximately 1 1/2 hours then drove back. Do wear ski pants and sturdy boots to wear with the snowshoes. No need to use ski poles if you have them. It took about 15 minutes to get used to the altitude however, the tour guide was great to stop frequently at the beginning. During the breaks she was chock full of knowledge about the trees in the area and wildlife. This is not flat level snowshoeing. You are going up and down hills. A couple of areas were good for jumping off an embankment. The snow was great - fresh, powdery. The only suggestion might have been to not stop as frequently at then end after everyone got used to the altitude. Other than that, this was well worth it.

Visited December 2011
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Tour Guide made the day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We were two families with 4 small children (between 3-6 years old) we traveled to Bend to ski - however there wasn't any snow. So we looked for other things to do and came across - Wanderlust Tours Cave tours. We decided that it sounded like sometime we would enjoy but were slightly concerned taking 4 small kids in the dark small spaces. But much to our surprise everyone had a great time. I would put most of the credit on our awesome tour guide Rachel. She took extra care with the kids and her knowledge of caves/rocks is incredible. We would recommend this tour and professional company to anyone!

Visited December 2011
Seattle
“Very Informative and Scenic tour.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Our guide was Jeff. I believe he had worked for the US Forest Service prior to leading tours at Wanderlust. His background gave him a wealth of information to share with us while out on the snowshoe tour. I don't think I have ever learned more about biology, ecology, geography, entomology (bugs), meteorology, and beer(ology) at the same time. It was very entertaining and fun was had by all in the group. In our group, there were varied levels of experience, but Jeff made sure that everyone understood what to do and how to do it. I would absolutely recommend Wanderlust to anyone that does not want to have to deal with the logistics of finding the place, renting the equipment and driving in harsh conditions.

Visited January 2012