All reviews free beer beer fridge self serve breakfast sun room close to downtown downtown bend great place to stay hostel frankie laundry facilities
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Bunk & Brew offers a free welcome beer upon arrival, a wide selection of free food for breakfast at an historic house located right in downtown Bend, I had a wonderful time here for 5 days on a spring skiing vacation. Really appreciated the staff’s local tips and advice. The only downside is the shortage of bathrooms.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
bunkandbrew, Owner at Bunk+Brew Historic Lucas House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thanks!!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

The hostel encapsulates the spirit of Bend. I stayed at Bunk + Brew a few times and I can’t imagine staying anywhere else.

The staff turns the hostel into a home. Sydney gave me great restaurant/brewery recommendations, along with fun activities around town. Jenny’s warm inviting attitude made me feel at home m. Not to mention she made delicious brownies! Matt displayed a commitment to excellence and he’s a great guy to kick back with.

If you don’t stay there you’re missing out!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

We'll tell Syd, Jenny, and Matt you appreciated them. I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear this. Thanks!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Staff was super friendly, even rolling around on the floor and playing with our two boys (ages 4 and 6). Affordable and accommodating, great location right in downtown Bend. Convenient parking and nice room that fit the four of us perfectly.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Super review! Thanks!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I am a solo traveler forty-something female. I cannot say enough good things about this really neat historical home and the people running this place. My 4 night stay was restful and relaxing. I headed up for a snowboarding trip and was treated with a free shuttle van from the hostel doorstep to the mountain on Sat and Sun. Andrew was an excellent representative host for the hostel, giving me guidance on things to see and do in Bend and surrounding areas and hooking a sister up. Thank you for your kindness. At the house itself, all the workers were respectful, fun to talk to, and welcoming. Even the new guy, Matt, was cleaning up after other people in the kitchen when he didn't have to. You will be pleased with the hot showers, bakery bread, free breakfast foods (eggs, orange juice, and bread pudding), and snacks available. Wifi is excellent, big screen TV, and walking distance to downtown are all big pluses. Thanks everyone. I hope I can visit again and see more of the area next trip.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Julie C

Andrew and Matt will appreciate the shout-outs. Thanks for staying and for your 5-star review!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

My fiancé and I were looking for places to stay in Bend for the wedding and happened upon the Lucas House, and it exceeded all of our, and our friends staying with us needs. Overall we had three of us from Malaysia, two from Australia, two from Sweden, and 6 from various parts of the US coming into town for the big day. After some long distance correspondence with the team we had the weekend reserved. Made for a great meeting spot close to downtown, and showed some of the best parts that central Oregon had to offer. Lots of information on local attractions available there, and got a nice tour to kick off the stay from the Lucas House team. It was an easy place to relax as people came and went throughout the days, and was comfortable to be able to kick back and have some beers while catching up with people coming into town for the big day. Couldn't recommend a better place to stay for a long weekend with some friends, Thanks Bunk and Brew Crew!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
bunkandbrew, General Manager at Bunk+Brew Historic Lucas House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thanks Caleb! We are thrilled you had a positive experience while staying with us. Your group left the house in great shape and we would love to host again in the future. Good luck on this next chapter in your life. Thanks again!