New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed there on September 2 and found it to be a nice property. Our rooms overlooked the river and the grounds were very nice. The hotel provided a very good breakfast buffet, too - one of the best ones we found on our trip.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Dear Cherie1950,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments about the breakfast to the cook.

Kevin Coelsch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

Wow! What fun we had staying at this particular Shilo Inn in Bend, Oregon! Three nights, two golf tournaments and plenty of relaxing moments sitting on the patio overlooking the Deschutes River. And for those who are not familar with the rustic Deschutes River, well, it's breathtaking in the quieter portions and awe-inspiring in the rapid areas!

Room Tip: I would suggest you ask for a riverside room as we didn't the first time we stayed. We were mov...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear candy99z,

Sounds like you had a very nice experience on your trip to Bend. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see at the Shilo Inn again. I have to agree with you about the river, it really is a great river and it is so nice to be able to sit on your patio and watch the water, ducks, and otters.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Bend.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

This hotel is located right at the little creek which runs through Bend. The property is nice and the rooms are clean and big. The breakfast was just average, but you will find everything you need.
I would definitely stay here again, if I would visit Bend again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Xabbu,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Shilo Inns in Bend. Bend does have a lot to offer and if you do come back to experience the rest of it we would welcome you with open arms.

Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Wow, who would have thought that such a lovely place was basically self cleaning!!! We were there for tow nights during our 25th Anniversary trip across the USA and stayed in a lovely room (Room 422) overlooking the creek. Great comfort and atmosphere but a real put down with cleaning!!! When I returned from shopping on the next morning I found that hardly nothing had been done in the room. We had shopped at Costco and had a load of stuff that we were throwing away that was in the trash cans and had used a coffee cup along with a glass and the trash had not been emptied, the cup and glass had not been cleaned or replaced with clean ones, the room had not been vacuumed, the bathroom mirror had not been cleaned or the sink ... what HAD BEEN DONE was a replacement of towels and the bed spread pulled over the pillows hap-hazaredly! THAT WAS IT!!!!! I called down to reception and the receptionist said that was all they do FOR a short stay ... I couldn't believe it ... they didn't even give us another toilet tissue roll??? I kept thinking what is a short stay ... what if I stayed for 3 nights ... would I need to go get a supply of toilet tissue or clean cups??? UNBELIEVABLE!!! We stayed at places all over the USA during our tour from anywhere to four nights and every day came back to a clean refreshed room!!! And this place IS NOT CHEAP!!! Sad, the place is lovely but their methods let them down!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Englandswings123
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Bend, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear EnglandSwings,

I am sorry to hear that your stay-over service was not up to Shilo standards. During stay-over service floors should be vacuumed, dirty drinking glasses and coffee cups replaced, bathroom cleaned and trash removed. The beds should have been remade with the comforter left turned down and all towels left on the floor replaced. The stay-over service should not be any different if you stay 2 nights or 10 nights. Thank you for bring this to my attention, it will be fixed.

Kevin Coelsch

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was my first trip to Bend so didn't really know what to expect . We didn't really care for it, it wasn't awful but I'm giving it a 3 stars cause it was so dark and dreary and just not cozy ,the bed wasn't very comfy either . The breakfast buffet was not good at all ! Usually any breakfast buffet I've had at other places is excellent but this wasn't even palatable we only ate there one of the mornings and agreed to go out for breakfast the next morning elsewhere. I would probably stay in the old part of downtown Bend next time as this hotel is right across the street from a big mall & not within walking distance of the quaint old downtown area which is so much more desirable than the outskirts where this hotel is located, which just looks like one big strip mall but other than that the area of Bend has allot to offer ! Brewery's ,hiking ,biking ,shopping and much more did I say brewery's :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family