“Don't stay here if you value your money & sleep” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court

Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Don't stay here if you value your money & sleep”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

I have been here for over 4 months, in that time they have: raised my rates without notifying me three times, failed to clean the room adequately several times, locked me out of my room, failed to bill me in a timely manner & forced my to move out of my room into another room on the smoking section (I am a non-smoker) and didn't so much as offer me the use of the luggage cart to move with. My herniated disk really started to ache when I saw it, the day after I moved for 4 hours sitting in the lobby. Wasn't there the day before, or believe me I would have used it.
The hotel help is not bilingaul, there are children running and screaming up and down the halls, and the "premium cable" consist of 5 ESPN channels, 2 showtime, USA, TBS, and local stations. Thats it. The good? They accept large dogs.

Room Tip: stay on the back side
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

I was moved to this hotel from one of the Mariott hotels in the area, both funded by my work place of course. It was a huge disappointment. My collegue was depressed for days until we finally managed to convince our bosses to quickly move us to another hotel.
The room is very dark, there is no closet at all, no shampoo, our windows turned to the huge parking lot so we couldn't really open them, when the toilettes had a problem they tried to give us a plunger so that we'll fix it ourselves...
The thing that bugged me the most was whenever I was calling long-distance to my family back home, my neighbours would pound on the thin walls because they couldn't stand hearing me talk I guess - a very very bad experience.
Also the internet was horribly slow and there were some connetion problems for my collegue on her skype phone.
Perhaps if you're looking for the very very basic on a low budget then this hotel is good enough - it was clean at least... But anything more than that - I wouldn't go near it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Patzi
San Francisco Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

The hotel room itself was fine, clean, and pretty no-frills. Big downside for us was how easily we could hear someone walking in their room above ours. Pretty clear to hear. I've never had that experience before in a hotel. Odd. The way the sound traveled so easily, I felt like I was in a bad apartment! The people above us seemed to walk around all night, and jump up and down on the floor too! If you have ok neighbors, you will be ok though.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

Always a little nervous with what you might get for $50 a night but I have no complaints with our stay. The hotel was in a great location - just off the hwy, close to tons of restaurants and shopping. Was a 10 minute drive into Portland and a little over an hour to the coast. The beds were full size, the kitchen had all major appliances. The kitchen was only stocked with 2 sets of cups and silverware so that was the only minor inconvenience for a weeks stay. Our room was at the back of the hotel which looked out over a little park with walking trails and lots of geese. Nice to have some quiet being so close to a lot of busy roads.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

UPDATE to previous review:

We found ourselves needing to use a hotel in this area a dozen times over the past few months. Every single time we bid on Priceline ($30 / night + tax, 2-stars in the Beaverton area) we were put in this hotel regardless of how many nights or which nights of the week. This is a STEAL since this hotel is usually $65 / night + tax online.

During our many stays we got to know it well. The Queen bed rooms have less square footage, older shower heads, smaller TVs, and are generally located in the "middle" of the hotel. The King rooms are very spacious and the furniture is arranged to make the desk and dining table more useable.

On once occasion we were upgraded into a King suite because nothing else was available. This room is huge with a larger kitchen, separate living area, two TVs and lots of seating. If you're planning a long stay and there are two of you, I would strongly consider booking this to make yourself more comfortable.

They provide coffee (just ask for more at the front desk) and were glad to give me an additional pan when I needed an extra one to cook something. The laundry room is big so you don't have to wait to use a machine, but each wash is $1.50 and each dry cycle is $1.50 - a little steep. One washing machine I used did turn two white garments a slight grey color. The other pros / cons I wrote before still apply, but I would reiterate that the front desk staff is very helpful and even went so far as to print my boarding pass for me at no charge when I was getting ready to leave.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank OpEd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
3.1 km away
0.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
2.6 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK