“Great Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience. We stayed in the Executive Bldg (room 388). This building is on a hill. There's no elevator, but we only had to walk up one small set of steps from the parking lot. There were handrails on both sides of the stairs. I'm disabled (use a cane to assist me with walking), but I had no problems with the stairs. The bldg is quiet, and nicely remodeled. The rooms are clean and modern. The heat/AC unit worked perfectly. The TV was flat screen, swiveled, and worked well. The bed (king size in our room) was very comfortable. There was free high-speed internet, a desk, telephone, office chair, and two comfy lounge chairs. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo with almost instant hot water. There was one sink and a hair dryer. The housekeeping staff were polite and efficient. The hotel lobby is huge and beautiful. The front desk staff bend over backward to assist you with anything and everything, and are always smiling. The restaurant is beautiful with a well-varied menu. Prices were about average for the Portland area. A steak or salmon (yummy) dinner will cost about $25. We did not go into the pub (separate from the restaurant), but the menu there appeared fine. The restaurant has a fireplace, baby grand piano, lots of huge windows, and a view of the swimming pool, gardens, and fountains. The surrounding trees are magnificent. The grounds are well maintained. Breakfast is free, but only if you choose one of three offerings: biscuits & gravy (which I thought was fantastic), pancakes, or a scramble. If you don't take one of these, each breakfast coupon entitles you to $3 off anything else on the menu (and the menu is large). The coffee was very good. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in Executive Bldg are completely refurbished. Handicap access rooms are in the older building...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Lynne L,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I enthusiastically passed them along to the staff personally. We all look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you when you return to the Portland area.

Best Regards,
Gary Sorrels
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

I had such a great experience here. My car broke down during my stay, so I had to book another night. The front desk even jump started my car! The service in the lounge and cigar bar was excellent. The happy hour food and prices were great! The king room was large, with a table and chair, fridge and microwave, and a good size bathroom. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. My stay even included breakfast in the restaurant- home cooked meal!! None of those crappy self serve breakfast bars. I am a budget traveler- I sometimes splurge on special occasions, but I am frugal. I found this to be the best value I have seen in a long time. Every level of this hotel was amazing for the value. The location is easy freeway access, and to down town, but I would recommend having a car -I am not sure about the public transportation element. I would highly recommend this to any fellow traveler.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Dear Wandering Sasquatch,

Thank you for your encouraging comments! On behalf of the Shilo Beaverton team, we appreciate your choosing our hotel and hope that we will see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I use the Shilo Inn Beaverton as the guest room in a relative's nearby house. The back building is very quiet and the rooms are spacious with windows that open, individually controlled heating/cooling units, refrigerators, and free wireless Internet. In the back building there is no elevator. The rooms are typical mid-century motel units. There's plenty of parking. The weekly rate ($59/night) can't be beat.

• Stayed November 2011
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Dear WorldJourneyer,

Thank you for commenting on your experience at the Shilo Inn Beaverton. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I realllllly like this hotel. It looks tiny from the road but once your inside you start realizing how big it is.

Service: The service here is impeccable starting from walking in the door. The young gentleman at the front desk is a sweet (kinda flamboyant), charming man who does his job right. I forgot to book my trip before I got there and he told me the price was $20 more than what I saw on Expedia. I told him that's not the price I could afford and that I would leave and book it where I could find free Wi-Fi and come back. He offered to match the Expedia price and I didn't have to get a print out or anything! I was so relieved! The maids are all very helpful and friendly; one even helped us by holding our baby and cooing at her as we fumbled for our room key.

Room: Our room is in the Kings Building, there is a King-sized bed, microwave, fridge, free Wi-Fi, and decent sized TV. It is very clean, but there was no fitted sheet on the bed, just a bunch of top sheets and blankets. There is plenty of room for our baby's bed and all of our belongings. The view from the room is amazing. There is a common porch that runs along the back of all of the rooms on the main floor (the 2 upper floors have private balconies) and there is a pond with 3 fountains and gorgeous greenery. There is a absolutely stunning tree with red leaves that stands out from the rest and when it rains, the rain drops dance on the pond creating the soft music of nature.
The only cons that some people might have about the room are:
The walls are thinner than some (didn't notice till now, the guy next door was yelling about something).
The room is a little dated, but I think it adds to the quaintness of this hotel.
The key is not electronic. However, I feel as though my deadbolt is safe enough for my door at home, so why shouldn't it be safe enough for a hotel room? The back door has 3 different locks on it for added security.

Overall: It is a nice hotel, very cute in parts and beautiful in other parts. There are three bars, a restaurant, and cigar lounge. The drinks are pretty expensive at the bar, but they give you a free glass of wine with 10% off dinner at their restaurant. You get breakfast vouchers for a complimentary breakfast at the restaurant, but you have to get a new one each day and can't use it on any breakfast item. The food is pretty darn good, though. I would definitely stay here again, I am very comfortable here.

Side Note: They take dogs for a $25/visit (not per day). We were going to bring ours, but ended up leaving him with a family member.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the pond. Get a lower level room if you don't like stairs. There is n...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MamaDanker
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Dear MamaDanker,

Thank you for your exciting review! I am so pleased to be able to pass this along to my team. We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Hotel is average to below average in quality. Location is good, staff were great.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Bjhoberg
Dear BJHOBERG,
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Beaverton. I appreciate hearing your positive comments about the staff and our location. Your comments regarding hotel quality is something that we are addressing.