“Glad I Stopped Here”

Bandon Bait & Tackle
Ranked #23 of 59 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I was wanting something different for lunch than my normal F&C or chowder so I opted for the calamari and was happy I did. Served with fries and a mini shrimp cocktail it made for a satisfying meal. The squid was tender and flavorful, not at all rubbery like others I've had.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Foods alright. Not terrible. Not amazing
I got the fish and chips which is local rockfish.
The fish didn't have any flavor which could be a blessing or a curse based on your taste pallet. Some like a seafood taste others don't. Some like seasoning others dont.

The fries have a little seasoning.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

This appeared to be a good spot for fresh fish as it's located steps from the doc. One can catch their own crab and have it cooked at the fish market. I ordered the salmon sandwich thinking I'd be getting a fresh/whole filet on bread...but instead was given a very salty frozen fish patty of sorts..about 1/4 thick that didn't resemble fish in taste or appearance. I should have ask if it was fresh, but didn't because figured I was in a place where fresh salmon was abundant. I had two bites. ....a waste of my money and time. If they must use frozen why not use a whole piece fresh frozen? ...very disappointed. To be fair I have to mention my mom had something different and said it was good.

1  Thank SophiaLeidberg
Reviewed 5 October 2016

If you're looking for fishing tackle/equipment or a souvenir, this is the place to go. Small but well stocked store. Get licenses, rent crab traps and have them cooked on the premises as well.

1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Hesitated to eat here as it wasn't as busy as the other similar restaurants. I don't know why though!! I had the fish and chips. Best I've had....fresh white fish with a light breading. Not like you the gobs of breading you usually get in a restaurant where there is more breading than fish. The chips/fries were perfect also. My husband had the hamburger which was good too. He's not a fan of fish but after trying some of mine he said he would try fish if we ever came here again. Which we will.

1  Thank Adrienne F