“Five star prices for three star food”
Review of Hensleys Top Shelf Grill - CLOSED

Hensleys Top Shelf Grill
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Just South of the I-40 Overpass on the East Side
Reviewed 26 October 2015

I've eaten here twice, thinking my first experience was just an off night. But...the 2nd visit was just as lack-luster. The food wasn't that great and the prices were extremely high for the quality!! I just wasn't impressed and probably won't go a 3rd time.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

I went for lunch today and I was informed that the restaurant is permanently closed. This is disappointing as I enjoyed my dining experiences at this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

I have to say the ambience the service and the overall dining experience is and has always been excellent. The one problem I do have is the food itself. It's very good I always have a good meal here. The price just isn't justified. The menu could be larger but I understand that to keep things consistent size is an issue. This place is more of my once a year places. Very nice overall. Just not worth the price.

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

Wait service was great but food was far less than top shelf! We both had the chicken fried steak dinners with mashed potato. This is a staple in Oklahoma and any restaurant that serves it should well know how to prepare it. The steaks were under cooked and tasteless. And I'm pretty sure the mashed potatoes were instant. Would not spend the money to eat here again.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

To their credit, their steaks were very good and correctly cooked. Where the Top Shelf moniker is misleading is in the level of service. No tablecloths, but linen napkins. The wait person was late with the salad then showed up much too soon with the entries. All those little things one expects at a Top Shelf restaurant. The food was good, a filet and a sirloin, the roasted baby potatoes were just that, nothing to enhance them. The mac & cheese was penni pasta and cheese. What happened to noodles? Don't get me wrong. The meal was fine, but not Top Shelf. The prices, however, are much closer to that level.