“One of the finest Hotels I have seen”
Review of Wyndham Tulsa

Wyndham Tulsa
Ranked #66 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“One of the finest Hotels I have seen”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Easy access. Accomadating staff that are professional and friendly. Extremely clean hotel . The room was beautiful and very comfortable. I have been to many hotels throughout my life and this hotel deserves to be 4 star rating. The pool is unbelievable for kids.
I travelled alone to visit my daugher and grandchildren in Tulsa and it is perfect for them.
Also, I have lived in Tulsa and been coming to Tulsa since 1996 and have stayed in nearly every hotel here . The Wyndam is one of the very best that I have seen in this town .
Internet access was simple..
Bed was very comfy. I usually go to a hotel with a bleach bottle in hand but this was spotless.
From now on when I come to Tulsa I will always stay here.
Unbelievable prices.
I just can't say enough about this hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and it was very quiet and sunny and I loved it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank traska36023
WyndhamTulsa41, Manager at Wyndham Tulsa, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! We are certainly proud of what we have to offer here and I'm happy to hear that we went way above your expectations! We are looking forward to having you back soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I had a King Sleep Number bed. Once I figured out how to set my number, it was wonderful. The hotel bar and restaurant was nice. Internet connection worked well. I did not use the pool, but there is a kid "waterpark" in there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 February 2012

First, we'll start with the good. The gentleman at the reservation counter was great. Infectious smile and very nice. Our waiter at the the bar and grill was exeptionally great. Nice, great with our kids and easy going. He made our dinner experience very nice. The room looked nice and was clean. We were on the 8th floor and had a very nice view of town.

Next, the not-so-good. We got on the newly renovated rooms which was nice, but for the price, there should have been a mini fridge and a safe. Those are pretty standard and were expected. Our youngest was on antibiotics, which need to be refridgerated We used ice, but that was inconvenient. Also the sleep number beds, though some SWEAR by them, were not that great. I wish we had known we didn't HAVE to have one, because none of us slept well on them.

The waterpark was NOT what we expected. I had called ahead to make sure it would be open and available for the kids. It's described as a "water park" so that was what I was expecting. It should have an age range listed. 9 and 12 - too old. We went in the winter so the outdoor pool was not an option. But both our kids were too big to play there.

The restaurant (at breakfast) was AWFUL and very expensive for nothing. The server was rude and acted like were imposing on her time. The "omlet" station was not manned. I waited about 7 minutes before anyone even showed and when I finally got my omlet it was not cooked through! The fresh fruit was great, but the rest of the food was luke warm (at best - the sausage was actually cold) and their choice for any sort of pastery was sub-par. Plus that disaster cost us (a family of 4) $45! We were so disappointed.

Overall the stay was ok, but we wont ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure the room has everything you want/need for your trip!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather F
Orange, California
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The front lobby was in really good shape,it went down hill from there.our room was clean but in dire need of an upgrade.the carpet was so loose that we had to watch out for trip hazards just walking in front of the tv or bed,the bathroom was worn out and small.The sleep number bed didn't work,even though there didn't seem to have to many guest,we still ended up on the sixth floor in the very last room in the back .

Room Tip: Ask to see it first.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Stephen S, General Manager at Wyndham Tulsa, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
First and foremost, I wish to thank you for being our guest at the Wyndham Tulsa. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustrations you experienced during your recent visit.
I am extremely disappointed that we did not measure up to your expectations and embarrassed by the condition of the room that was assigned to you. I can ensure you that the hotel strives to make every guest stay a memorable experience. I certainly understand your concerns and comments on the carpet in your room; I realize that our property must continue to make improvements in order to achieve our goal, which is to provide superior accommodations and excellence in service to all our guests. Please note that the hotel is currently undergoing a major rooms renovation and many of rooms have been placed out of order during this process.
Thank you again for your feedback. Please know that we value your continued patronage and if your travels return you to the Tulsa area please feel free to contact me directly for I would like to personally oversee your reservation

Stephen Salay
Wyndham Tulsa
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business travel. My company booked this hotel so we could use the facilities to hold a workshop. The hotel has 10 floors. I was on the ninth floor with several coworkers. One told me that floor smelled like cigarette smoke to him. He found out that it had used to be a smoking floor and asked to be moved. I never noticed it but I grew up around a smoker. This hotel used to be a Radisson. The wifi was hard to connect to and would disconnect after around 30 minutes.

Most of the clocks were wrong in this hotel. On my first night I set the alarm clock in my room to wake me up. It never went off. I do realize I probably shouldn't have relied solely on it. So that day I asked for a wake-up call for the next morning. The call enver came and I woke up late again. I spoke with the front desk. They said they had called and I didn't answer. I am a light sleeper and the phone was right next to me. They said that the phone might not work. Nothing was offered to me for this inconvenience. This upset me greatly and I left a comment card for them. It has been two days and they haven't tried to contact me.

The hotel room itself was fine. The furniture and the TV were old. The bed was a Sleep Number bed and was comfortable. The bathroom was very compact.

The hotel offers free copies of USA Today and free shuttle service to the airport. The free bath products are a Bath & Body Works brand.

The staff was quite friendly to me and my company. One strange thing I did notice was two girls that worked the front desk seemed to have no interest in their appearance. It was a little gross, but they were still quite friendly.

The hotel has a business center with three computers and a printer. The computers don't allow much use other than an internet browser and USB drive connections. The internet was in and out on here too. One night I went to use one just for printing. There was a guy sitting at one computer and the other two wouldn't work at all. I told the front desk and luckily they let me use one of their computers to print.

There is a bar and grill inside the hotel. We used this space as well to offer a networking event. The snacks were good and they even had a popcorn machine in the bar.

The conference facilities were okay. We arranged for breakfast and lunch to be served the two days of our event. The food wasn't anything special. At breakfast, the bacon and sausage were burnt. The fruit tray tasted a little old. The water tasted like gross tap water. Tea was offered at lunch. Lunch tasted better than breakfast and they offered dessert. At 3 p.m. each day they set up snacks for our group including popcorn, pretzels, potato chips, and cookies.

I didn't have time to use the pool or exercise facilities.

Room Tip: Some floors used to be smoking floors, such as the 9th floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business