“Shawkat's Restaurant & Bakery: Most Authentic Lebanese Cuisine AND Pita Bread Bakery!!”

Shawkat's Pita Bread Bakery
Ranked #78 of 1,417 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 9
Cuisines: Greek
Description: We serve the original mediterranian food as well as we are Oklahoma's one and only one pita bread bakery.come and get your healthy hump filled at shawkats.(from cabbage rolls,shawrmas,kababs,tabouli,gyros,hummus,babaghanouj,and more......
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Upon entering, patrons are greeted by the nicest people working behind the counter. That's always a good start. I always notice the appearance of restaurants too. This place is VERY clean and all you smell are the aromas of delicious Mediterranean food.

I always like ordering a plethora of items off a menu, sort of my own "tasting" if you will. They were accommodating as they were kind and passionate about their food. Also a good sign of the flavors to come. For more on this review, visit my blog review at: http://truefoodiesoundbites.blogspot.com/2015/02/shawkats-restaurant-bakery-most.html

2  Thank TrueFoodieSoundBites
Hanaa T, Owner at Shawkat's Pita Bread Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Thank you for your great review . We do appreciate you and your business.

Reviewed 3 February 2015

Shawkat's Deli and Grill (their sign doesn't say anything about "Pita Bread Bakery") is located in a strip mall at 41st & Sheridan in Tulsa, so don't look for a stand-alone restaurant. The food is among the best Mediterranean food my wife and I ever tasted. The last time we were there I ordered the chicken kabob platter, and my wife the tawouk. The food was seriously into the "to die for" category, both the main courses and the sides (including the hummus and garlic spread).

The decor is simple and basic, with some mid-East decorations around the walls, and an interesting grocery shelf in one corner. Customers place their orders at the main counter, and the food is served at the tables.

The service is excellent, the staff members gracious, friendly, and welcoming. Though not a fast-food establishment, the wait for freshly cooked food is very reasonable. Interestingly, the lady taking care of us (also the owner, who took over from the Taha family a couple years ago), stopped by our table a couple times to apologize for the 8-10 minute wait for the chicken kabob to cook. It was worth every second of the short wait.

Our only regret is that we live too far away (about 20+ miles) from Shawkat's to enjoy their food more often, especially since it's very healthy. But then again, maybe it's better for our waistlines.

1  Thank pamAndRick

Thank you Pam and rick for the great review . We really appreciate you.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

Ate here for the first time over the holidays and ordered the Tawouk platter. If you love garlic, this thing is amazing. So. Much. Garlic! If there was a US Recommended Daily Allowance for garlic, this wrap would likely be rated for an entire month's worth. Delicious!

1  Thank Phillip832S

Thank you for your business , we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Having been around Tulsa since 1971, I thought I knew and tried all the Middle-Eastern fare the town had to offer. Then I found Shawkat's in June 2014. Clean establishment in a strip mall with plenty of parking, they offer indoor and outdoor seating. The menu is extensive with platters and sandwiches featuring falafel, beef & chicken shawarma, kafta, and much more, and the hummous and babaghanoush are authentic Lebaniese in consistency and flavor. Serving sizes are substantial, prices are reasonable, and I'm pleased to say I've now found my favorite Lebanese eating spot in this city. I'm only sorry I missed it for all those previous years.

2  Thank bltok

Thank you for the great review . We really appreciate you and your business .

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Shawkatz is an excellent and comfortable medi-eastern/Lebanese restaurant. Shish Tawook will change your life. Definitely the best hummus and tabouli I've ever had. Highly recommend!!!!!!

2  Thank Butterygoodness

Been to Shawkat's Pita Bread Bakery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK