All reviewscity hallbok centergovernment buildingsfloor to ceiling windowsmid centuryoffice buildingcivic centerhotel barglass showertulsa downtowna bit confusingcomfortable bedsparking lotattending an eventcorner roomquick tripalarm clock
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Stayed here for one night. Price was very high but I got what they said was a suite so I thought it would be great. Boy was I mistaken. I knew it was going to be a problem when I discovered the check in area was in a tiny corner with a messy round desk covered in papers and mints for sale. It reminded me of a bad convenience store check out - not a hotel. Our " suite" was a typical hotel room. But the entrance was a weird cell like room with concrete walls with holes in them, a table and 2 desk chairs with a big TV over the table. The table is under the TV so you could never watch it and you would have to pull out the 2 desk chairs to watch. There was tons of vacant space with nothing. A couch, a comfy chair and ottoman would have been far better plus some coverings and art on the walls. The rest of the room was typical hotel room. Bath area was small and there is no tub but a huge shower. Door between sink and shower area was very difficult to open and close. Beds were comfy and hotel was quiet. Bar was nice but they only had one bartended even though hotel was sold out. Took far too long to get drinks.There is no restaurant and breakfast bar seemed to be ala carte.There was complimentary coffee.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Krista M, Director of Sales at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

We are the former city hall building for Tulsa. The price is set by supply and demand. Our location is prime for those attending events at the BOK or the Cox Business Center. We have some great historic attributes that are appreciated by many that regularly travel and stay here. The exposed concrete walls in some of the rooms are to remind us of the wonderful history that this great building bestows. There is of course a second television that is mounted on the wall with a great view from the two very comfortable queen beds. The television in the entry area is great for children traveling with their parents who want to want another program. There are many different types of hotels available in the country. All hotels state clearly what they offer and to what type of traveler they are catering. We do have Sports Bar on Street Level. It is called Mamadou's and has a full menu.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

In town to see Billy Joel and this was the only downtown hotel with an available room. Our room smelled like mold. Bare concrete walls with holes. Didn't look urban, just looked like a wall in a war zone. Extremely high priced for what we were charged. No tub, although we had what the front desk called a "suite". Extra charge for breakfast and parking, which is ridiculous for what you pay. The only high point was that the staff were very pleasant. We didn't bother complaining about the horrible mold smell because we literally had the last room in the last hotel. The view from our window and the staff are the only reason I am giving this a one. Spoke with several other dissatisfied customers in the parking garage. One gentleman complained that his refrigerator did not work which I notice was mentioned several times already in your reviews. Will make arraignments way in advance to avoid ever having to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Krista M, Director of Sales at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

I am sorry that you had such an unsatisfying experience.. Thank you for letting us know. We have some great historic attributes that are greatly appreciated by many that regularly travel and stay here. The exposed concrete walls in some of the rooms is to remind us of the wonderful history that this great building bestows. The parking garage is safe and securely covered to insure that we are protected from the unpredictable Oklahoma weather. It is very important for us to know about complaints from our guests so that we can correct for the next visitor. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I had an issue with my travel plans and Krista was more than happy to help me out. She was both courteous and understanding and managed to fix my issue no time at all. I'll be planning my next trip through her!

Room Tip: Book through Krista!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Krista M, Director of Sales at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Thank you so much for such a kind review! If you ever need anything while you visit my fair city, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. I am happy to help. Please come back and see us soon.

Krista Mooney-Shea

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Just finishing up a one night stay at the Aloft in Tulsa. Great hotel. Would definitely stay here again. Quirky, very modern design. Comfortable room. Free coffee which was great in the morning. Kind of an odd location and tricky to find and to get to. But very convenient if you have business downtown. Super TV. It sits on a pedestal right at the end of the bed so it's wonderful to watch while you're in bed. Nice workout facility. Better than most hotels. Friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate your time and feedback on the Aloft Tulsa Downtown. We love our property and for all it means to Tulsa. Please come back and stay soon. We miss you already!

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at several Aloft hotels - Dallas, Denver and others. Evryonr has seemedntonget progressively worse. I booked through an travel agency app and it was non-refundable. Fine. The parking is weird and I almost got hit when someone was trying to exit and I was trying to enter the parking lot. We went down to park and it was one of those creepy parking garage type environments in a scary movie. We checked in and the people at the desk were nice. We got off of the elevator and immediately saw a man and two kids sitting in the hallway. I was hoping our room was on the oppsite hall, but it wasn't. Luckily, our room was the opposite direction of the kids. I thought I got a room with a pull out sofa, but got the Log room. It was creepy AF. One wall was completely cement with a table in it and looked like a dungeon dinnertime would keep a kidnapping victim that has the luxury of watching tv. The room was a dark depressing gray that had none of the Aloft trendiness they are known for. The bathroom door didn't close either. I am finished with this hotel. This was the worst room and experience I have had. Never again will I stay at an Aloft hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

We are the former city hall building for Tulsa. We have some great historic attributes that are greatly appreciated by many that regularly travel and stay here. The exposed concrete walls in some of the rooms is to remind us of the wonderful history that this great building bestows. The parking garage is safe and securely covered to insure that we are protected from the unpredictable Oklahoma weather. All parking garages are made of concrete and typically show wear and tear from its visitors. There are many different types of hotels available in the country. All hotels state clearly what they offer and to what type of traveler they are catering. The Aloft was created for the modern and tech saavy traveler.