“One night business”

Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a newer property with all the latest interior design. Very nice and clean. Outside of being a new property, all the same amenities and expectations of a typical HGI. Exercise facility exceeded expectations for HGI.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gregg K
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

This hotel is in a great location. The staff is very helpful. The rooms are very clean. We have stayed here twice in the past two years and were extremely satisfied both times! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 970wadew
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stayed during the Tulsa State Fair and had a great experience. Friendly staff, clean rooms, delicious breakfast. Definitely will be staying here again. Staff helped me find a restaurant that would deliver food. The bar staff was quick and efficient as well. When I had a last minute change of plans, the staff was quick to help make arrangements for another nights stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017

To begin with, I stayed at this hotel for more than 6 weeks. The last week I was there I had arrived at the hotel to check in at 9:45 pm on a Sunday night. I noticed people were sitting in the restaurant area so I went over to see if I could order something to take up to my room. I was informed that the restaurant was closed. I looked at the sign and the sign said it was supposed to stay open until 10 pm. The next day I had a late lunch at work and went downstairs to possibly order an appetizer. It was 9:30 pm and I was told the kitchen was closed. The next day I went before 9:30 pm and same thing kitchen was closed. I called the manager to inform her that the restaurant was not staying open until its posted time. He did this all week. His name is Francisco and he's the Manager of the Food Service. So on Friday morning I'm sitting in the Dining Room but close to the bar. The manager is sitting at the bar and she's asking Francisco what time he's been closing the kitchen. He responds, "10 O' Clock". He then says whoever commented that he wasn't was lying. Keep in mind, I'm literally not even 10 feet away. I then turned towards them and said to the manager, "He's lying". The manager turned around and got up then walked over to my table. She introduced herself and sat with me. Francisco comes right up to the table to challenge me, to say I was lying. I said, "No Francisco, you're lying". "You closed early all week". He starts to raise his voice to me and the manager orders him to move away from the table. I then told her, "He closed early all week". I suggested they shorten their hours since the restaurant closes early anyway. She apologized then was in the process of telling me it would never happen again, when Francisco comes to the table with my breakfast. He placed the plate on the table and then bowed bringing his face inches from mine to patronize me and to mock me right in front of the manager. He then says, "Is everything okay, can I get you something else" in a very sarcastic tone. At that point, I looked at the manager who looked like she was going to have a heart attack and told her, "Are you going to allow him to speak to me this way in your presence"? She then starts yelling at him to get away from me. I then got up grabbed my bag leaving my breakfast and started walking towards the front door. Who's standing there waiting for me is Francisco who then mocked me as I left. The fact that someone with the title of manager would do this to a guest is absolutely incredible. The other manager sat there in horror watching it all unfold. Needless to say, I never went back. Both managers in my opinion should have been fired. It's all about accountability folks. Francisco doesn't want to be held accountable and is willing to mock a guest in order to avoid it. I'm going back to Tulsa in November, but I definitely would never stay there. This facility has poor management and employees are not held accountable.

Room Tip: Don't expect room service unless it's early
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Fran83Vazquez, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Mr. Moses,

As we strive on giving the best service to every guests that stays with us, we did our very best to take care of you as one of our loyal guest as you had about 5 weekly reservations with us off and on. Each stay with us you had an issue from housekeeping to our desk agents to our restaurant staff. As Hilton Garden Inn has a promise satisfaction: We promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you're satisfied, or you don't pay. You Can Count On Us . Guaranteed. Our team and I strived to take care of you during all your stay, each week we 100% one night room and tax, also we got you a 60 dollar toiletry bag, free appetizer to our restaurant, free wine at our restaurant, gift bags from our sales team, and a 100 gift card so you would have dinner on us, and Hilton Honor Points as well. We did our very best each week to assure you were taken care of. As my General Manager and Sales Management team and I spoke with you to assure you were taken care of. We hope your next location will meet the expectation we gave you at our location. Feel free to contact me if you have any other concern during your last stay.

Francisco Vazquez
Assistant General Manager
hotel: 918-878-7777
e-mail Francisco.vazquez@hilton.com

Reviewed 27 September 2017

The price was a little high, the room was very nice. We used the spa and pool, which was a very nice. We visited the bar and ate supper. The waiter was excellent as well as the food. We ate breakfast at restaurant the next morn. It was okay. We were just surprised that it wasn't complimentary, especially with the cost of the room. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Value Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. At Hilton Garden Inn's we have a breakfast pack at can be booked when booking your reservation or all our Hilton Honors Members that are Gold and Diamond get free breakfast. Happy that you also enjoyed the pool and spa and bar. We look forward to your next visit.

Francisco Vazquez