All reviews historic building atlas life building valet parking atlas grill first floor typical courtyard insurance building floor lobby art deco within walking distance hot water bok center tulsa downtown shuttle driver nice hotel arts district mini fridge
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This is a wonderful property and a great downtown location. Front desk receptive, Kim is terrific and the property/Atlas building has outstanding character...very enjoyable. I've stayed here multiple times and never disappointed. The street level has a some local shops, including the Atlas grill (breakfast!) and you can enjoy a fresh local cookie with a Starbucks form the Bistro.
Or you can just head down Boston Street and checkout BurnCo, some serious 'Q'!
Found the rooms and the view to be what I expected and while I only visit Tulsa 3-4 times a year this is my go-to property, great vibe.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
CY_Tulsa_DT_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Tulsa Downtown through the TripAdvisor.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a VALUED CUSTOMER, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Tulsa Downtown and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Tulsa.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I love downtown Tulsa especially now that it is starting to flourish and grow will all kinds of nightlife and things to do. But the downtown Courtyard (former Atlas Life Bldg) is a real highlight.
We also book a top floor corner king for our getaway. The size of the room is great and the quiet is so nice. Keep in mind this room has a shower only no tub. No problem for us but you need to be aware. Bring a bottle of wine or two and your evening is set.
This last time we enjoyed dinner at Ti Amo, another favorite. Then back to our hideaway! The rain was such a welcome relief and added an ambience that topped it all off.
One of these times we will have to try one of the historic period rooms. But it's hard to break away from what we've come to enjoy. In our opinion for th dollars spent and downtown location this place is hard to beat. Our rate June 30th was $94. What a deal!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
CY_Tulsa_DT_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Tulsa Downtown through TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Never felt less welcome at a Marriott property. Front desk clerk beyond rude. Rooms are nice enough until you look out the window; then you feel like you are in prison. I am not kidding-- Half of the rooms have what can best be described as an interior view, looking out to a grungy brick wall directly across the window as you peer through chicken wire reinforced windows. And don't ask for any information or consideration at the front desk, let alone courtesy. you won't get it. Hotels need to always start with a good first impression. This one doesn't.

Beautiful building on the exterior, lousy staff. Last month I stayed at the remodeled Hyatt across the street during previous business trip in Tulsa. I regret not doing so this time.

Room Tip: Do not settle for an interior view room- its awful
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
CY_Tulsa_DT_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Guest,

First, thank you for taking time to fill out a TripAdvisor review concerning your stay. We are sad that you did not enjoy your stay as we tried our best to accommodate you to the best of our ability. Comments such as this are uncommon for us on TripAdvisor as many people love the staff and the history downtown building. We consistently rank among the Top 15%-20% of hotels in the Tulsa area on TripAdvisor. I hope that I can explain some of your concerns so that you can understand our property better.

Our hotel was built in 1922 and was one of the few buildings around at the time. The other buildings that are built around us in downtown Tulsa were constructed later as the city grew. I hope that you can understand that the three (30+ floor) high rise office towers that box us in and limit views were constructed later on after our building had been built.

Also, due to the historic nature of our building certain features were retained in order for the building to stay on the Historic Register; this is why the original "chicken wire" windows remain in place as they are approaching 100 years old.

Concerning the staff's attitude, I am sincerely sorry if any one of my team members were rude and I will use this post as a "teachable" moment and help them become better stewards for our guests.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I had never been to Tulsa (or Oklahoma!) and decided I may as well stay downtown and check out some sights. I picked the COurtyard as it seemed to have a decent location to a few things in my limited time to search. It is a few blocks from the Bok center and a little under a mile to the Brady Arts district where there are good choices for restaurants, some galleries and just some character. The hotel itself was just what I would expect from a Courtyard. Clean, good service etc. I was not disappointed. The staff was super friendly and directed me to a good spot to eat that evening. I did discover however there is Fairfield Inn in the Brady District I would potentially stay the next time as I wouldn't have to travel there for food. More options in that area. The downtown is super quiet and not a ton of food options near the hotel. They do have a shuttle.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
CY_Tulsa_DT_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Tulsa Downtown through the Trip Advisor.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

This property is located right downtown, so if that's where you need to be, it's a good choice. The only downside is that there's really no parking nearby, so if you have a car, your best bet is to valet with the hotel.

The hotel is inside a historical building (about 80 years old), so expect not to walk into a brand new, purpose-built hotel. The ground level has some quaint shops, with the check-in desks for the Marriott on the second floor (next to the Starbucks -- not a 'real' Starbucks, but a 'we proudly serve' Faux-Starbucks, there's a difference ;) ). At check-in, the friendly staff recognized my status and gave me the choice of a complimentary food/drink item from the pantry, or a standard coffee from the Faux-Starbucks.

From what I understand, some floors have a more 'historical' look/feel. However, my room was on one of the modern/renovated floors. I had a large King room and it was lovely (I actually think it was an Executive suite due to my status?). It had a huge comfy king bed, small sofa that appeared to fold out to a bed, coffee table, work desk, flat screen TV, wardrobe, and mini-fridge. The bathroom was modern, with an oversized shower and plenty of towels. There was a note on the shower about the potential of shower-pressure irregularities due to the historical building, but I had no issues.

I didn't eat any meals in the building, so can't speak to that. I did use the complimentary WiFi, and it worked well.

I had zero issues at this hotel, the room was lovely, the staff were friendly. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business