“Yuck- I have stayed in cleaner Frat Houses”

Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center
Ranked #34 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Midland, Texas
“Yuck- I have stayed in cleaner Frat Houses”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The place smells like a frat house. Stale beer and mold. The restaurant had food and crumbs on the floor and most tables, and it was only breakfast. The breakfast buffet was cold and crusty at 8 am on day one. On day 2- the place was still dirty. I waited 15 min for a waitress, finally went into the kitchen and interrupted her chat with the cook. She said she was the only one working and I would have to wait. I left and ate elsewhere. I had an appetizer on the first night, it took 15 minutes and came out luke warm and soggy, not great for a pizza. The bar was covered in crumbs, food and places where spilled drinks had dried up. The bartender was kind enough to clean it up with a dirty rag. The floors in the lobby, bar, restaurant and elevator landings were all sticky. My shoes literally stuck to the floor with every step. First night, the toilet kept running, I called the front desk, they said maintainence was gone for the night. I asked if I should just let run all night and was told again, that faineance was gone. The third time I asked if I should let it run, they said they would send up a bellman. He never came. The next morning as I was getting dressed, I noticed the river running from the bathroom out into the hall. Nothing like walking thru fecal matter and toilet water to start your day. At breakfast that morning a nice gentleman in a nice suit asked me about my stay as he waited on his diet coke. I told him of the toilet and the dirty hotel. He said "I haven't had a problem here' and left. I asked the waitress who he was......The VP of the company. I see where the staff gets their non caring attitudes, from the top. They put me in another room, comp'd that night and sent an apologetic cheese platter. After seeing the restaurant and kitchen, I opted to not eat the cheese. At 10 pm, the AC unit burned up, this time maintenance did come up to fix it..... well he unplugged it at 11pm. They offered yet another room, I declined, I was to tired and it was to late. I told the manager, assistant manager and the VP of the company how dirty the restaurant and hotel was. No one did anything about it. The assistant manager said that their 'numbers have been really good lately'. she really knows how to comfort a guest. This used to be the best place in Tulsa to stay. Now its just another place to avoid.

2 Thank mike d
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
mike d,

Ben J
IHG Care
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Yes the relatives visit... and I put them up at the Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center. Shuttle to and from the airport so no need to worry about driving the relatives to the airport. I did meet the relatives at the airport but we soon parted company as the flight arrived late. Not to worry with a view and a balcony and a room on the 15th floor. The lobby is nice and the rooms are also nice. A quick look around at the lobby and the room to confirm all is well and then off to dinner. Thanks so much for the opportunity to take credit for a nice accommodations. And the room was booked with loyalty club points without issue. So next time the relatives visit...

Room Tip: quite the view from the higher floors!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard H
houston
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I recently spent a night at the Holiday Inn City Center in Tulsa. It was a very decent experience.

Many Holiday Inns have been recently remodeled and are now very contemporary, this Holiday Inn is one of them. The lobby has a nice clean design, and there is food and snacks available 24 hours. On the same level is a very contemporary restaurant with reasonably priced, decent quality food.

The room was nice. Comfortable bed, flat screen tv, free internet. The bathroom sink was modern. No complaints about the room.

There was a small gym and a guest laundry.

This hotel was clean and comfortable. No complaints.

Room Tip: The hotel restaurant was reasonably priced.
1 Thank hmflyer
Wichita
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I am the Team Coordinator for a 14U traveling Baseball Team...We stay at between 10 to 14 hotels/cities per year for Tournaments...I booked our Group with Heather in Group Sales...She was wonderful....She accomadated our Team in Every way...When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised...Very Nice, solid built, updated Hotel in the heart of Downtown, and next door to a beautiful Catholic Church...The Entire Hotel is very clean and very nice... The restaurant/bar is extremely nice.... They have wonderful affordable food... The breakfast each morning was delicious... The rooms extremely nice and basically quiet... Comfy beds.... nice shower... I honestly cannot come up with one thing i would change... They have a 3 story basement parking garage which is very conveinent in bad weather, and the elevator takes you straight to your floor....
This hotel is perfect for all ages/coiuples/kids/groups etc....This is 15 stories high , so they are able to put large parties on the same floor, which was great for us...and the wedding party... the whole hotel has great floor to ceiling windows for nice City-Scape views from all the rooms and the restaurant....the indoor pool has a retracting roof for sunny days...

This is a GREAT hotel....We come to Tulsa several times a year for tournaments...i have already booked this hotel for our next one, and wont stay any where else....

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....THE ENTIRE STAFF IS POLITE, PROFESSIONAL, ACCOMADATING, AVAILABLE AND A JOY TO WORK WITH......

ALL IN ALL,,,,,THIS WAS A FIVE STAR EXPERIENCE FOR OUR TEAM....
THANKS TULSA HOLIDAY INN CITY CENTER...WE WILL BE BACK
THE WICHITA ROCKHOUNDS

Room Tip: Rooms up top have spectacular City views
1 Thank TrachelleExtine
Wilburton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This was our first time to stay of the Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center and we had a wonderful tiime. The beds were comfortable, the restaurant had awesome food (especially their homemade fried chips & turkey wraps), all of the employees were very nice and helpful. This has been one of the courteous hotels I've been to. This hotel is in a convenient location so there's the ability to walk to alot of attractions.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor with a balcony and that was pretty cool and relaxing.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends