All reviewsrooftop barthe penthousefull kitchenbeautiful hotelliving roomvalet parkingart decowalk in showerbok centerroom servicevalet servicesitting arealarge bathroomheart of downtownbusiness travelercorner roomgreat room
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I used to love this place. I would recommend it to all my friends and family. I will never return. The rooftop bar was an absolute disasters. Tall skinny blonde and bald guy don't know how to make drinks and on top of that, the service was horrid. She walked off with my credit card during the transaction to go talk to someone for like three minutes. It was dead so the service should have been top notch. She even decided to call me a b**ch when I told her, as a customer, that I was not satisfied with the service. I work downtown and I'm looked to for recommendations daily. I will never suggest this place ever again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angela F
Lukas V, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Angela F,

I am so sorry to read about your experience. Rest assured that I will be addressing this with our staff promptly. I would also love to speak with you personally regarding your experience, and do everything I can to change your feelings about the Mayo.

Feel free to email me at lukas@themayohotel.com or give me a call at 918-582-8421.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I wanted to stay somewhere nice and different, possibly historic and this was what I picked (for a RT 66 trip.) It was a VERY nice room. Very spacious and huge shower. One of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. Pretty sure it required valet because I would have no idea where to find a parking spot. The staff were all friendly and pleasant. Now that my bill has cleared I see that everything was fine. No extra hidden charges (they were holding a deposit charge). I would definitely recommend to other travelers. (I kind of felt like I was in the hotel of the Shining).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly R

Dear Kelly R,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am happy to know that all went well with your stay.
You are correct in assuming that we only offer valet parking in our secure garage.

In the end, we would love to welcome you in our hotel again.
Please do not hesitate to reach to me directly at lukas@themayohotel.com for future arrangements.

P.S. Love your Shining reference :)

Reviewed 9 September 2017

The architecture is amazing, in the lobby at least. it was the last room they had, so I got a suite, which obviously had not been used for awhile, judging by its mustiness. But the bathtub was deep, and the sheets were clean and crisp. For $369 though, more than two bottles of water would have been nice. The rooftop bar is an assault on the senses, and not in a good way. The outdoor furniture looks like it was stolen from an inner city playground-I should know, I live next to an inner city playground- and was sans umbrellas. In Tulsa? In August? Inside, somebody who had tossed their mismatched banquettes and unusable burlwood table-you could not actually set a drink on it- had joined with someone else who had to get rid of lamps from the 80's, and donated it all to this bar. Even after turning the music way, way down, my friend and I had to shout at the bartender, who, to his credit, mixed a decent drink. Back in the lobby, we were told that water was only available through room service, totally ignoring the vending machine on our floor, which was, yes, out of water... You are trying, I know. Keep trying, get a decent decorator in your bar, educate your front desk staff about the basics, and you will be on your way. But you aren't there yet.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelgirl1055

Dear travelgirl1055,

I am sorry we did not fully meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback, it really helps us to improve and is invaluable to me.

With that being said, I am happy to announce that we are refurnishing our Penthouse bar in mid-October.

I would love to make this up to you, if you would like to give us another chance. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at lukas@themayohotel.com

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This was our first time staying at the Mayo Hotel, and what a wonderful treat! There are lots of great restaurants, shops, and entertainment within walking distance. The hotel offers a free shuttle service, which was available for us at a moment's notice. The shuttle brought us to another part of downtown, and when we were done exploring, retrieved us with less than a 10 minute wait. Who knew the Mayo Hotel, and downtown Tulsa generally, had so very much to offer! One last note - the front desk and valet service were all one could hope for - polite, knowledgeable, friendly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich L

Dear Rich L,

Thank you for choosing us for your special day. The Mayo has always been about creating memories, and I am happy to know that we met your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at lukas@themayohotel.com, if you are in the area again. I would love to make your arrangements, and ensure your next stay is at least as good as this one.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stayed at the Mayo for a wedding and it was beautiful. The décor is fantastic and everything was beyond our expectations. Wonderful breakfast downstairs with some of the best coffee in Tulsa. Quiet despite everything around it. Spacious rooms.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea B

Dear Chelsea B,

Thank you for the 5 stars. Our team at the Mayo tries every day to impress our guests, and I could not be happier to know that we managed to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for choosing the Mayo, and I hope we can welcome you in our hotel again.