“Great location in South Tulsa”

Crowne Plaza Tulsa - Southern Hills
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This is between ORU and a Walmart and less than a mile from River Spirit Casino. The lobby is nice and modern. Rooms and beds comfortable; however I had trouble sleeping as the walls are pretty thin and I could hear our neighbors up clearly being loud and drunk. Bring ear plugs and you'll be fine! It's about a 15 minute drive to downtown too, which was nice. A shuttle is also available for free in a 5-mile radius.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CrystalAnn56
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were there for a swim meet in Jenks. The location is excellent, it is about 10 minutes to the competition pool which is great and super convenient for us. We arrived around 2:00pm to check in; the front desk staff informed me there's nothing available at this moment and the check in time is 3pm. I completely understand since I know most hotel around the comp pool are fully booked. I told her I will sit at the lobby (right beside the desk) and wait; I asked to let me know whenever there's room available because my son need to be at the pool around 3:15pm. I waited till like 2:40pm and still did not hear from her but I saw many visitor who just arrived checked-in. Long story short, we finally checked-in at 2:50pm.
The room is decent size, but the room temperature is relatively high. We set the AC to 62F but it stay at 74F (definitely not a comfortable temperature to sleep).
The staff is not friendly and unknowledgeable. We were looking for ice machine and couldn't find it on our floor, I called down to the front desk. It took 4 phone calls to finally reached someone. The staff told me the there's a ice machine on our floor, I told him I cannot find it anywhere. He then asked to put me on hold while he tried to ask someone for help. He told us to go up to another floor, there should be ice machine. We searched each floor and we finally found ice machine on 11th floor. While we are
"ice hunting", we ran into other families who are looking for ice machine too.
I got a great deal through booking with Priceline, I will definitely not pay full price for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Whitney W
Management response:Responded 11 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay. We do have ice machines on all our floors, except 7th and 9th due to them having vending machines, Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and all staff made aware of the locations of the ice machines so they can explain it better. I have also discussed your room temperature with the engineer and we have addressed it. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for the Brimley Gospel Music Sing. Great location across the street from the Mabee Center. The facility is excellent and has a great in house restaurant. Staff if friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us! We are very pleased that you've enjoyed your stay we us, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Im visiting family for a reunion an I went to the front desk and the night manager Joe was literally planning my vacation for me he knows where every thing was an extremely friendly 5 service. Thanks

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We love Joe, he is wonderful! We are glad you feel the same and we appreciate you sharing it. We look forward to your next stay. See you soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stayed at the Crown Plaza for my son's soccer camp which was at ORU which was across the street. Called to see if I could get an early check in as we were going to be there early. Was told that 1pm would be the earliest i could check in. After the first set of training we went back to the hotel to check if something opened up. The clerk, Ivy, told me that she could get me in at that time 12pm. Boy was I one happy dad. She put me on the 5th floor which gave me a great view of the campus. Once we finished for the day, we went out to eat and a movie. Once we were back at the hotel, we hit the sack. BEST bed I've slept in for a long time. Full size pillows and the bed was PERFECT !! Needless to say our two days there were fantastic. Our last day we had a 12 pm check out but Joe, the PM manager let us come back to the hotel after the soccer camp to use the shower so we wouldn't have a very smelly child riding with us all the way to St. Louis. Thank you Ivy and Joe. Will surely stay here again. Also it's right next to a Walmart and the hotel is super quiet even though there were several families staying there with kids from soccer, baseball, and softball.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel have a great view of Oral Roberts University