“Always an awesome dinner”
Review of Tokyo Pot

Tokyo Pot
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We've been going to Tokyo Pot for the past five years and it never gets old or boring. Dean (owner) is always full of life and isn't shy about making sure everyone understands how to dine there and is completely taken care of. The food is wonderful and very different. Don't be afraid to try different things or combinations. Its a lot of fun.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I am in town for a conference and a local said Tokyo Pot is the place to go in Stillwater. So very glade I gave it a try. The food was amazing at very reasonable prices. But the service was exceptional from the moment I walked in the door to the time I left. I will definitely go back anytime in in the area.5☆

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The #1 ranking is correct! Trip Advisor is right again. We came to Stillwater for a college visit and the flavors and fun owner/manager blew us away. Even if our son doesn't choose OSU, we will drive the 4+ hours again for this broth.

The best way to describe it is Asian fondue but the depth and complexity of the broths are unlike anything I've tasted before. Get the Mongolian broth and ask for the Godzilla shrimp. We had the ribeye and lamb and scallops as well. No need to order sides as it comes with veggies and rice and noodles already. My only regret is they don't have any Asian beers but I doubt their distributor can get them would be my guess. If you have one night in Stillwater, go here!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Quick Summary: I WILL RETURN!!!! The food was terrific. The staff was great. The atmosphere was not your typical college town restaurant. OK, Longer Version: We have lived in Stillwater 18 years but somehow have missed this place. Quietly tucked away on a side street, no bold signs. Just sitting there quietly. Waiting for discovery.... If you have never been before, a few things to keep in mind: 1) Make a RESERVATION: IF you have the chance to call ahead or make a reservation, MAKE ONE! Once you have a table you will be treated as if you were a special guest. If they are full and do not have room....well, there is nothing they can do. 2) Make TIME - This is a meal that takes time to eat. If you are in a hurry, go elsewhere. 3) UNDERSTAND this type of restaurant - you cook your own food, at your own table, one bite at a time. It is Japanese food, not American Fast Food. The owner Dean helped us understand how the meal worked and so did our waitress. There was plenty of interaction and laughter. 4) LIGHTHEARTED - this restaurant was a fun experience. The owner and staff were outgoing and lighthearted. If you want stuffy, again, go elsewhere. The only way I could see a person having a bad experience here is by having the wrong expectations. It is Japanese style food. Don't expect McD's.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Our first visit was Monday for our 18th wedding anniversary. We called to make reservations. Definitely do this! Dean, the owner, walked us through the intricacies of the meal. We had the prime rib and seafood platters. We had the Mongolian broth (flavorful and spicy). We also had the Godzilla shrimp. The staff was attentive. The food was outstanding. Please make sure you go with enough time to truly enjoy the flavors of the food. It's also a great romantic restaurant which Stillwater seems to lack.