Christmas Train at Dry Gulch

A Wonderful experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2015
vickimig
Idabel, Oklahoma

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We love going to the dry Gulch Christmas train. It is a memory that will last a long time in the minds of our children and grandchildren. Well worth your time and money

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to the Christmas Train for many years. There is sooo much to do and see. The kids absolutely love it an so do the parents.
The ticket prices and fair but be aware that you have to purchase tickets online the day they go on sale. They sell out in just a few hours. ....it's that good.

We were also impressed that they had real good food options and they were prices very well.

Hope to keep this as a family tradition for years to come

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We took 8 members of our family and were amazed at how much fun it was. We all rode the train then we old folks enjoyed country music at the Silver Dollar Saloon. while the children and teenagers did the rides and entertainment.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

If you have not been to Dry Gulch USA, you owe it to yourself to get tickets this year and attend. The train ride takes you on a wondrous biblical Journey with live action and voice-over recordings. There are plenty of places to shop, get warm, drink some hot chocolate, and even grab a very hearty meal at a reasonable price. There are also stagecoach rides that all ages will enjoy! This is a place for young and old alike.

1  Thank pamault
Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

Everything COTM does is done in excellence and the Christmas Train is no exception. It's such a wonderful way to celebrate the Christmas season with family or friends. Their western town is adorable, the Santa Claus house is outstanding, the boutique shops are great, the little cafes are good...it's just very nicely executed, the whole thing. It's definitely worth the drive.

Reviewed 13 June 2015

I had tried to get tickets for 3 years in a row and finally made it. We loved the entire experience and will try to come back again. We loved it. Just wish we had a little more time at the park and not as hard of a time getting tickets.

1  Thank vickimig
Reviewed 7 January 2015 via mobile

The location and atmosphere here are great. The train ride is good, although it will be cramped in an effort to accommodate as many riders as quickly as possible. There are plenty of places to eat and snack and all are affordable. The buildings and old west town atmosphere are amazing.

To address a previous comment regarding being treated second class, I can't attest that I ever saw that happen this year. However there is a handicapped accessible entry for the train (unsure of other rides) that allows them to wait in a shorter line. I'm sure that they're also allowed to have their family and friends in line with them so they can experience it together. It wouldn't surprise me though if people took advantage of that as the staff certainly aren't going to question someone on whether they are actually handicapped or not.

If you've never been to this you must make an effort to buy tickets and attend. It's amazing. The tickets are hard to come by though and they sell out very fast so you'll have to do a little research and possibly stay up late in order to get them.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

This was our first visit to the area. We tried to get tickets last year but they sold out too fast! It was definitely worth the wait and we will try to go back next year. They transform the town into what looks like a real Christmas village. The lights and buildings are breathtaking. We really enjoyed the train ride and loved that our children could actually see something that teaches of the true meaning of Christmas. It is crowded, yes, but definitely not so crowded that I would not go back. The food is mediocre, but we really were not coming here for a 5 star meal. This is the cleanest facility i have ever been too. Even the bathrooms were spotless. We really enjoyed our visit and plan on going again next year.

Reviewed 24 December 2014

The cost is in great reflection of this attraction. They have taken a once old western town kids camp and remodeled it into a Hollywood style western town. It has lost its rustic scenery that the original Christmas Train and town had. The train was ok but not as good as it once was. Now they cram as many folks as possible on it and you really can't see much. We used to be able to go into the chapel for pics, the puppet show was cute, liked all the carolers in the town and the lights. I understand all the help were volunteers, they did a wonderful job at making us feel welcomed and they all dressed for the occasion. By keeping the price low it will continue to be an attraction that is worth at least a one time visit, I look forward to taking my grandchildren there someday. If you are worried about door dings on your car then drive an older one, the parking spaces are so small its hard to get out of the car.

Reviewed 22 December 2014

Let me first say, that after reading some of the negative reviews i was nervous driving all that way to be let down or have my children scared. After visiting, I realized they are either exaggerating or were never really there.
I am not a religious person and was looking for a fun, affordable Christmas activity that both my toddler and baby would enjoy . A train too? Even better.
First, tickets are hard to come by so if you get them, Congratulations! We arrived shortly after 6:00. The parking lot was almost packed, but we walked in no problem and headed for the train. We waited approx 30 minutes, but it seemed faster than that because the line moves fast and you get to see the trains come and go. When we went by the train around 8:45pm (and later) there was barely a line (maybe 5-10 min), but telling a toddler we would wait until later was not an option. The train ride was really nice. Some people complained it was scary for little kids in these reviews, which made me nervous going in. Not sure what they were complaining about. There were large pictures detailing the beginning of the world to Jesus's birth and resurrection that were outside that you passed during the ride. My boy kept saying wow! There were 2 live scenes one with statues of the crucifixion and actors playing Roman soldiers pointing at him. My boy did ask what those men were doing and I told them they were being mean. My boy yelled at them and then looked for the next picture or building to look at. The other live scene was of people rejoicing because they learned Jesus rose. The pictures were really nothing bad. The live depictions were no different than what you see in pictures or statues at a church (just on a larger scale) and you can see ahead of time coming around the corner. If you wanted, you could just turn you head or distract your child. From a person who is not religious, I was not offended and did not feel my children were traumatized. The people who reviewed anything different are being dramatic.
The train station and train was immaculate and the people very friendly. The conductor even asked my son if he wanted a picture with him in front of the train. Oh, and the reviewer that said they had to break out of a room with a blocked entrance and hop the fence? Curious what they are talking about, since we just walked right off the train back outside.
We then went to the playground and a few trips to the carousel and the pony ride (the only activity that cost us extra $ at $3). With a baby and toddler we then decided to go inside for a bit. Food prices were reasonable. I even brought in food for my toddler and was not a problem. In fact, I am guessing you could bring your own drinks and snacks in if you wanted to save money.
We then went to the puppet show which was short but really cute. We never made it on the wagon ride, even though we had time for it. Kids were tired so we grabbed a snack on the way out. It was a beautiful property and a great Christmas activity, especially when you don't live in a city and have access to numerous things.
I am hoping to be lucky enough to get tickets again next year!

1  Thank Colleen M