See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights, the check in was super easy and the front desk super nice. Gave us extra towels. Felt safe 4 females, was a lot of in and out traffic from back rooms, but I think they may be long term rooms back there, outside look of motel is a little scary, could use updating, plants, happier color paint, new lighting, but room was large clean and beds comfortable. No issues.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melanie B
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

I can't express how lovely the staff was especially considering my odd circumstance, alone on the road... Even coming to the room to fix the tv, and triple check the satisfaction with the room❤️ lovely people

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Jay P, General Manager at Poteau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Was in town for two nights for a funeral. Our budget was tight and we had to find a place that would accept our little dog. Upon checking in the management went over a litany of things that would result in being charged extra. The room was old but had fridge, mini coffee pot, hair dryer, and new flat screen. The Wi-Fi was worthless. They had 5-6 sign ons, management advised to pick one with strongest signal. None ever went over 2 bars and I finally just gave up. The first night wasn't too bad. The second night was a nail biter. The rooms on either side of us were rented by groups of very young men, as well as several other rooms. They propped their doors open and either sat in the doorway or stood just outside their doors. Regularly, cars and trucks would pull in for a few moments, have brief interaction, then leave. This went on all night. Yep, seemed to be drug activity. My husband had to escort me and be a lookout every time I walked our dog. The front of the motel was clean enough but the back had some trash strewn about, mattresses and box springs propped against the fence and a general bad odor. My advice? If your budget is pinched go ahead and stay but check the room first and be aware and safe while you are there.

Room Tip: The back seemed to have less frequent traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank HotelPatron25

Reviewed 19 August 2015

The weather was getting bad and I was tired, so I looked for a place to spend the night. At first, I didn't notice it, but after turning around, I am glad that I did. Many of the rooms are recently remodeled and others are in progress. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had a coffee maker, which is one of my requirements.

Room Tip: My A/C unit was a little slow to cool the room, but eventually did a good job.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2014

Staff very courteous, property clean & well maintained. Good choice for this area. Heat/air unit efficient. Microwave & refrig in room a plus. Bedding comfortable & clean. Furniture clean & in good repair.

Room Tip: Ask for away from railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business