“Go hungry”
Review of Coleman's Bakery

Coleman's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Okmulgee
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent home cooking. We shared a turkey& dressing special. All is served in to-go containers or disposable plates. Our regular sized container was full! More turkey than we could eat. I was excited to try their homemade Onion rings and they didn't disappoint either. Took a slice of coconut cream pie with us for later. One of the best I've ever had. Hope you get there early enough. They were out of several pies and it was only 3pm.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This restaurant is small, but the food and baked goods are delicious! The Coleman family has run this place for decades. The pies are absolutely to die for! Great atmosphere with friendly service!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

My wife and I found out about Coleman's from the Discovery Oklahoma TV show's dining guide. We were headed home from Robber's Cave State Park so we decided to take a detour and try Coleman's. Boy were were glad we did. It was great. The bakery/restaurant is located a block off of the main drag through downtown Okmulgee. It is in a building that was historically a bakery. Coleman's used to be out on the highway, but they moved to this spot a few years ago. The dining area is small, but quaint. Our waiter was Grant...the grandson of the owners. He was awesome. Just a sweet kid. He was so friendly and helpful. We each got a burger and it was great. We also had onion rings and waffle fries. I will say...the onion rings were worth the trip all by themselves. I wish I had a big order right now. They were some of the best I have ever had. Hands down. Just unbelievable. Then dessert. This place is just awesome for desserts. They make everything. I had chocolate meringue pie. I hate meringue, but I liked this one a lot. It was yummy. My wife had coconut cream meringue pie. She liked hers a lot too. We also got cookies ( yummy) and a few other treats. it was just great.

We loved our visit to Coleman's. We will be back.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Simple, down home cooking with exceptional service. The crew was friendly and helpful. It was great to see pleasant and motivated young adults providing great food. Homemade Cherry Limeade, burger, turkey club, and corn fritters were all yummy!

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

My best friend and I stumbled upon this wonderful establishment while coming back from Tulsa. It's ran by the original owner's grandchildren. The food was so fresh and tasty that we will make the 2.5 hour drive back up there just for the burgers! The onion rings were fresh and homemade, as was everything. I cannot stress just how much we enjoyed this little place! It should be featured on one of those TV shows!