“Holy smokes”

Capps BBQ
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Okmulgee
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

This place is SOOOOO good. We were just passing thru and it happened to be on the right side of the road so we gave it a try. Super friendly people and the food was out faster than we thought it would be. Fried pickles sliced brisket and sliced hotlink sandwich. You HAVE to stop here

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Nice friendly staff! Excellent food! I go back often now! The wait staff was very prompt on getting my order. She was very busy but still made me seem like I was the only one in the place! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

This is an unassuming place in an old building right beside the highway without a large sign and since the name change (and the sign being on the building facing the highway) it is easy to miss. It's now called House of Smoke (see photo). If you park in the back, be sure and walk around on the north side to get to the front door. We went south and almost walked into the kitchen.

It's not a large place (see photo) seating around 40 people and looks like an old diner, a bit run down, but the food was delicious.

My husband got the sliced smoked turkey (see photo) which was moist and smoky and with the BBQ sauce, it was delicious! I got a cheeseburger and it was equally delicious.

I would definitely eat here again if passing through Okmulgee and try other meats.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Capps has a new name( not sure if new owner) House of Smoke is what it's called now. Still same great food and prices. Mo, Sunshine and the guys in the back thank you for a great Meal.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Love the food! The staff is friendly, the portions are big, the atmosphere is great. I'll definitely go back.