All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolbig comfy bedbank cardnice tvbreakfast was includedstay there againan older hotelnight's sleeprooms were very cleanstayed one nightlots of restaurants
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Needed a one night room close to the Baptist Hospital. Found this one on Hotels.com and the price was great, but my expectations were low. When I checked in I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, the room was comfortable and clean. It is an older hotel, but for the price it was great. Breakfast was included with my room and was the typical hotel hot breakfast, but good. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank gwlillie
Carlita J, Guest Service Manager at Tower Hotel Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Carlita Jefferson

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This is definitely an older hotel. The entrance is dated, but grand none the less. We had about 15 rooms for employees, some clients stayed one night and chose to go elsewhere. I really don’t like to start reviews off on a sour note, so I’ll start with the only positive things at this hotel...the registration area was pristine and smelled wonderful. Our room was a little dated, but not compared to some others. The bathroom literally only had one towel, one wash cloth & one hand towel...what??

We actually had room service on one of the evenings in and it wasn’t too awfully bad, I had a cheese quesadilla (kind of hard to goof that up), my husband had salmon I think it was and he said, “he’d had worse”. The service was pretty quick for the most part, only forgot one condiment and brought it immediately upon our reminder call. Our most impressive part of room service was the fact that about 1 hour after we ordered, ate & relaxed a bit we received a phone call from customer service asking for us to do a brief (literally less than 3 minutes) survey with her about our room service experience. We have stayed at tons of hotels through the years and we have NEVER experienced this type of phone call.

Housekeeping took forever and a day to clean (mind you this was a Monday thru Friday stay). I returned for a break around 2:00pm on one day and our room wasn’t clean yet. The next day I returned around 3:30pm and again, the room wasn’t clean. Of course, when we were finished for the day and returned to the room around 5:30ish, it was always “cleaned”. We had a full trash can (after our first night) beside the desk, I pulled the bag & tied it in a knot, replaced the bag with the plastic dry clean bag that hangs in the closet for laundry service. When the room was cleaned that day, the trash was never removed...”rinse & repeat” for THREE consecutive days!!

Ok, now onto their ballroom. Perfect room for our work, not necessarily for the people who shared the partitioned wall with us. It was either freezing cold or a sauna, no happy medium. The lunch buffet was nothing short of a joke, the food was bad and service was worse. The main employee that worked her tail off for us was Whitney, and there were at least a hundred of us and she could only do so much. We had a lunch “buffet” every day that consisted of a main dish and a side. Literally, that’s all!! We had to ask for coffee service to bet set up, they only had water for us which was really unusual for us.

That’s about all I can say...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Carlita J, Guest Service Manager at Tower Hotel Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Carlita Jefferson

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at the place many times in the last 2 months we have stayed a total of 5 days and the first time was awsome we got free breakfast room was clean everything was great the staff is awsome there. Since we had such a good time I thought we would stay there again. Well this time not so great they said it did not come with breakfast if I knew that I would of stayed some were else first room smelt like smoke really bad asked to be moved that was no problem. I can get over the no breakfast even though last time we stayed we got breakfast and booked the same thing both times both from orbitz. Without breakfast it's not worth staying there to me. We have plans to stay in okc next month for 4 days but will be going somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 6 October 2017

Carlita Jefferson, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Nice and clean, friendly staff!!!!! Will come back!!!!
Big rooms, great quality, Front Desk is always helpful and will assist you with anything you need. We stayed on the top floor and never heard anyone in the hallway or a door shut!
Thanks again for our wonderful stay!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Carlita J, Front Office Manager at Tower Hotel Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The customer service (of the evening crew) was fantastic. Smiles, and great information---however, the amenities and the room were horrible. When we walked into our room, it felt like we had walked into a sauna. And the bathroom smelled like BO (I think it had to do with the heat, and all the smells coming out). We quickly adjusted the temperature believing it would make a difference. At 2:40am, we couldn't sleep, we were sweating like crazy though the thermostat read 60 degrees. We called the front desk and they sent someone up to fix it. It was either that, or we had to change rooms. We had a ton of bags and things so we didn't want to move rooms.
At 3am someone came and took apart the AC by unscrewing and entire wall unit in our room. It took about 30 minutes. He really did fix it, and he was very nice, but it did take a while and it was kind of an inconvenience. Nobody apologized for our broken AC. Unfortunate!

In the morning, the front desk lady was not as nice as the evening staff.

The Tower Hotel looked like a glammed up ghetto Days Inn. It was probably somewhat nice 20 years ago; but now it's just falling apart and the amenities below mediocre. The service is what saves it, and gives my review the 2 stars.

There is free parking but no free wifi in the rooms (only in the lobby). The elevators are dark and old. But the worst were the rooms. The strong scent of BO in the bathroom was persistent, like it had been cooking for days. We were on the 12th floor, which (I think) was supposed to have "fancier" rooms as they had little plaques on the doors. Our rooms were so ghetto that I don't even want to wonder what the "less fancier" rooms are like. If you can help it, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family