“German food”

Ingrid’s Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 38 Dessert in Oklahoma City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Willkommen! For over 35 years, Ingrid's Kitchen has been Oklahoma City's favorite choice for fine German food, as well as European and American specialties. Authentic recipes, old-world charm and hospitality are the hallmarks that distinguish our legendary restaurant, bakery and delicatessen. We feature weekday breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a weekend buffet and brunch. Try our mouthwatering specialty plates, Reuben sandwiches, weiner schnitzel and much more! Choose from our high quality, affordable beer and wine selections at Ingrid's Bar or as a compliment to the meal. Additionally, we have many proudly displayed meats, cheeses and bakery items to tempt the taste buds. Ingrid's Kitchen also offers a wide variety of custom catering options to suite parties of any size. Don't forget to join us for Saturday live music entertainment by The Silvertops! Whether a long-time regular or first-time visitor, we invite you to visit Ingrid's Kitchen for a truly unforgettable experience!
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Excellent desserts, but a limited entrée menu. What they have is very good and worth a stop. There is a second location North of this one.

Jason M, Owner at Ingrid’s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Our menu is incredibly focused -- we only offer the things we can cook and serve absolutely perfectly. It's awesome you agree with our choices and have been delighted by each thing you've ordered here. Hope to welcome you back for dinner again soon.

Until then,

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I thought the brunch was overpriced but if you drink alcohol it could be a real bargain. There were plenty of interesting dishes and the baked goods were some of the best I have ever eaten. If you're looking for carved roast beef, made to order omelettes, seafood salads, etc. this is isn't the place for you. Great home style German cooking? Yep, this is the place. The atmosphere is lacking but the staff is terrific and enthusiastic.

Jason M, Owner at Ingrid’s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Sorry to hear you felt it was overpriced. We want everyone to get as much value as possible, and I apologize if that wasn't the case. That said, I'm glad that you loved the taste, and hope to have you back again very soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We ordered the Boston cream pie for a party on Sunday. It was perfectly done and everyone loved it. The next day my friend and I went for lunch. She had the 1/2 German bologna sandwich with salad and I had the cold meatloaf sandwich with salad. Both were excellent. Bread was fresh and both meats were delicious. Salads were fresh and crispy. Lots of people were there enjoying lunch.

Jason M, Owner at Ingrid’s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Glad that you enjoyed it! Based on your rating though, it looks like we could've done even better. Hope that you'll give us another chance to prove ourselves very soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Oh my word - where to start???? My mouth is watering just writing this!!! Ingrid's is fantastic!!! We ordered the Wiener Schnitzel and Sauerbraten, which both came with German potato salad, red cabbage, sauerkraut and fresh baked bread. It was delicious!!!!!! I loved all the baked goods they have. I took Carrot Cake and German Chocolate Cake to go, plus a couple of the sugar cookies! The cooler was stocked with delicious looking salads and sides. I wish I could have eaten more!!!! If I am ever back in OKC - this will be a MUST on my list!

Jason M, Owner at Ingrid’s Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

So glad that you enjoyed it! Thanks for all the kind words. We'll see you next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I love German food and trying new restaurants, but this was the worst food I've ever had. Walking in, all the tables were filthy and the wait staff was hanging out behind the counter zoning out and not working. Our family of 6 ordered and everything we had was terrible with the exception of the bottle soda. The food came out super fast, which meant it was sitting in the back old. My sauerbraten was dried out as hard as beef jerky 2 inches around and the gravy was lumpy and congealed. The purple cabbage had started to turn grey. Even the sauerkraut was mushy and had no flavor. My roll was raw inside and also had a hair baked in it. I was seriously concerned I would get food poisoning. The food had to have been sitting in a warmer for a week. When my husband took it back, even the cook admitted it was old. They did not give us our money back and gave us old cake without asking. I would never go back, esp. considering there are plenty of good restaurants in town.

1  Thank shchanthavong

Sorry to hear this. While I can assure you that all of our food is served fresh, it should've been much more flavorful. Hope that you'll give us another chance to prove ourselves in the future.