“The Perfect Retreat, Close to Town, Comfortable, Clean and Friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oklahoma City
Rusty Gables Guest Lodge & Gallery
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My wife and I went to see Phish at the Zoo and stayed here after the show. The perfect way to end a great evening. Less than 5 minutes drive from the Zoo. The bed was super comfortable, the jacuzzi soothed our aching muscles and a lovely breakfast served in the gallery to get the following day started. Stay here! You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Only two to choose from, you can't go wrong with either. I marked the swimming pool as excellen...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrJDIFoot
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Accomodations were very spacious, nicely decorated, private and quiet. Lots of thought obviouly went into the details and the extras of the rooms. The hosts were very welcoming and the breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pennyk73
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This is a great find - less than 10 minutes from downtown Oklahoma City, this ranch like setting is beautiful and deluxe. The room is spacious, attractive, comfortable, and romantic, the bathroon is enormous and luxurious, the breakfast was personalized and delicious, the innkeepers are friendly and interesting, and the trail ride was relaxing and fun. I only have positive things to say about our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jelkberk
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I found Rusty Gables on Trip Adviser, and the reviews did not steer me wrong. Rusty Gables is surprisingly close to downtown OKC, I-35, and I-44, but feels like it's out in the country. Country/Cowboy decor is not my personal taste, but Don Paul and Sam have done a good job of creating spaces that are more chic than kitsch.

We stayed in Emerald Glen, and the room truly is spacious and well-appointed. We requested an early check-in, so the innkeepers (who both have "day" jobs) arranged to have someone meet us to accommodate our request, which I really appreciated. After a very relaxing in-room massage, Mother Nature treated us to a downpour. Watching the rain fall from the porch of Rusty Gables was a relaxing experience. When it cleared up, we headed out for dinner and then back to our room, where I enjoyed the enormous whirlpool tub and shower.

I was a bit concerned that, between our early arrival, the massages, the storm, and dinner, we hadn't seen our hosts, but my concern was for nothing. When the literature in the room indicated that Monday-Thursday they provide a continental breakfast, I was a bit disappointed, but my disappointment was also for nothing. We came out of our rooms to find a delicious egg and potato dish, fresh biscuits, and fruit salad. If that's their idea of a continental breakfast, I'd love to see what they do on the weekends! Don Paul was able to visit with us over breakfast, and I enjoyed hearing about their horses and their plans for Rusty Gables.

I do prefer a softer mattress, but as a whole I'd return to Rusty Gables in a heartbeat if I'm in Oklahoma City again in the future. I only wish we'd been able to stay for two nights. Sam and Don Paul truly care about their inn and their guests and want everyone to feel at home and comfortable during their stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stlogan
Reviewed 10 April 2010

My husband and I found Rusty Gables on the website. We do try to stay at B&B's if at all possible on our way to visit each of our 50 states. Well, I must say, that my words plus the other reviews are dead on! Sam and Don, the innkeepers, do every and anything to make sure that our stay was - well - perfect! You can tell that they love what they do in life which spills over to the kindness that they have for their guests. Sam and Don have a great love for their horses, their dogs and Oklahoma art which is proudly desplayed in the main room. We stayed in the Emerald Glen suite. I cannot think of a thing that they missed in making our stay - great. From the mini fridge stocked with different sodas - the popcorn they provide just waiting to be popped in the microwave - the satellite TV with a handy guide - the extra large room - wait until you hop on that bed, you would have thought you had died and gone to heaven - the fireplace area (we were there when this was not needed but it made the look and feel of the room that much more special) - now don't even get me started on the best B & B bathroom BAR NONE! The bathroom has everything you could possibly imagine - from the smallest necessity to the unforgettable shower and jacuzzi. There is a private entrance and you can park your car right next to your room. Sam knows how to cook a great breakfast - do not pass this up! Everything was top drawer and even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy what they serve! If Sam is not there in the morning for breakfast, conversation with Don will do the trick. Both fun to be around. As other reviewers have said, you feel like you are very far away from the hustle and bustle of the city life but the ranch is just a few minutes from downtown OKC - amazing! If you love the look of this ranch, the look of the rooms on the website - you will not be disapointed! It was an overall fantastic experience that I hope others will enjoy like we did.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple