“Probably the nicest B&B we ever visited”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oklahoma City
Rusty Gables Guest Lodge & Gallery
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This is a great find - less than 10 minutes from downtown Oklahoma City, this ranch like setting is beautiful and deluxe. The room is spacious, attractive, comfortable, and romantic, the bathroon is enormous and luxurious, the breakfast was personalized and delicious, the innkeepers are friendly and interesting, and the trail ride was relaxing and fun. I only have positive things to say about our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jelkberk

Reviewed 21 July 2010

I found Rusty Gables on Trip Adviser, and the reviews did not steer me wrong. Rusty Gables is surprisingly close to downtown OKC, I-35, and I-44, but feels like it's out in the country. Country/Cowboy decor is not my personal taste, but Don Paul and Sam have done a good job of creating spaces that are more chic than kitsch.

We stayed in Emerald Glen, and the room truly is spacious and well-appointed. We requested an early check-in, so the innkeepers (who both have "day" jobs) arranged to have someone meet us to accommodate our request, which I really appreciated. After a very relaxing in-room massage, Mother Nature treated us to a downpour. Watching the rain fall from the porch of Rusty Gables was a relaxing experience. When it cleared up, we headed out for dinner and then back to our room, where I enjoyed the enormous whirlpool tub and shower.

I was a bit concerned that, between our early arrival, the massages, the storm, and dinner, we hadn't seen our hosts, but my concern was for nothing. When the literature in the room indicated that Monday-Thursday they provide a continental breakfast, I was a bit disappointed, but my disappointment was also for nothing. We came out of our rooms to find a delicious egg and potato dish, fresh biscuits, and fruit salad. If that's their idea of a continental breakfast, I'd love to see what they do on the weekends! Don Paul was able to visit with us over breakfast, and I enjoyed hearing about their horses and their plans for Rusty Gables.

I do prefer a softer mattress, but as a whole I'd return to Rusty Gables in a heartbeat if I'm in Oklahoma City again in the future. I only wish we'd been able to stay for two nights. Sam and Don Paul truly care about their inn and their guests and want everyone to feel at home and comfortable during their stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stlogan
Reviewed 10 April 2010

My husband and I found Rusty Gables on the website. We do try to stay at B&B's if at all possible on our way to visit each of our 50 states. Well, I must say, that my words plus the other reviews are dead on! Sam and Don, the innkeepers, do every and anything to make sure that our stay was - well - perfect! You can tell that they love what they do in life which spills over to the kindness that they have for their guests. Sam and Don have a great love for their horses, their dogs and Oklahoma art which is proudly desplayed in the main room. We stayed in the Emerald Glen suite. I cannot think of a thing that they missed in making our stay - great. From the mini fridge stocked with different sodas - the popcorn they provide just waiting to be popped in the microwave - the satellite TV with a handy guide - the extra large room - wait until you hop on that bed, you would have thought you had died and gone to heaven - the fireplace area (we were there when this was not needed but it made the look and feel of the room that much more special) - now don't even get me started on the best B & B bathroom BAR NONE! The bathroom has everything you could possibly imagine - from the smallest necessity to the unforgettable shower and jacuzzi. There is a private entrance and you can park your car right next to your room. Sam knows how to cook a great breakfast - do not pass this up! Everything was top drawer and even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy what they serve! If Sam is not there in the morning for breakfast, conversation with Don will do the trick. Both fun to be around. As other reviewers have said, you feel like you are very far away from the hustle and bustle of the city life but the ranch is just a few minutes from downtown OKC - amazing! If you love the look of this ranch, the look of the rooms on the website - you will not be disapointed! It was an overall fantastic experience that I hope others will enjoy like we did.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2009

My husband and I stayed here last fall and had the best time. This place is absolutely perfect. First of all, the house itself is beautiful. I loved all the Western art and design. Our room was spectacular and huge. I don't think I've ever stayed in a room that large. The bathroom alone was probably larger than my bedroom at home. Everything was beautiful with two sitting areas, a fireplace, an enormous bathroom with seperate shower and jacuzzi, and a stocked mini fridge. The breakfast was hearty and Western. It was one of the best breakfasts I've had at a bed and breakfast. The hosts were friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect.

The inside was great but the outside was ever better. They compete in rodeos and raise and train quarter horses. I loved seeing the horses and playing with the dogs. They also offer trail rides. Unfortunately, we didn't have time on this trip. I hope we can return for another trip when we have more time.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jechath
Reviewed 21 August 2008

I generally opt for B&B to arrange my vacation, but this is the first time I have tried an experience like this. We booked the fabolous "Emerald Glen Suite" but the pictures on the website couldn't make you understand how beautiful is the place. Sooo big, so quiet, so elegant. It was simply a dream, nothing less. Sam and Don, the owners, have decided to have only two rooms at this new inn and each room is approximately 700 square feet. I can't find the right words to describe how beautiful was our room! To get total relax you'll find a walk-in shower and a jacuzzi tub for two, equipped with candles and various bath amenities. You will find also a fridge (with so many drinks) plus popcorn to be prepared in the microwave! There is also a fireplace (which we obviously didn't use as it was summer!). The room has also a private entrance with parking.
The room and the property in general reflect the style of these great owners, who always take care of EVRYTHING. The attention to details is really of impact! We will never forget how beautifully decorated was the Emerald suite as we have never experienced something like that! Another thing: don't miss the breakfast for any reason!! We can only suggest to try it!
Position: simply perfect. The property is located in a very quiet area, but only 5 minutes from all the attractions and the restaurants of Oklahoma City.
We definetely will come back and we can only recommend this beautiful place to EVERYONE!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)