“Good place downtown for a quick bite”
Review of Thai Kitchen Cafe

Thai Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #187 of 1,660 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Good spups, abd noodle dishes.
Nice selection of beers.
Close to the Art Museum.
Fair prices.
Service was excellent

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Thai Kitchen Cafe

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Thai Kitchen is a small, dingy little slice of Asian Heaven. Try to go there for lunch most every time I am downtown. Their buffet is very flavorful with enough spice to make you break a sweat. It's always crowded for lunch, but that adds to the ambiance of the place. I particularly like their green chicken curry. I recommend this place to anyone that ventures into a restaurant for the food, but not to anyone who needs a white table cloth to feel appropriately served. There are many fancier Thai food restaurants in town but I always think Thai Kitchen is the best. Enjoy.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We came here for dinner this evening. It wasn't busy so we were seated right away. Our waiter was friendly, prompt and checked on us often.

We started with the Satay Kai appetizer which was good. I was suprised though that they didn't serve it with the cucumber/onions that normally come with Satay.
We each then had a bowl of the Tom Yum Kung soup. We've had Tom Yum Kung quite a few times thoughout Asia including Thailand. This soup tasted more like beef vegetable soup from a can (minus the beef) that they added spices to. It even had the peas and small cut-up carrots you'd find in a vegetable soup, but no lemon grass. The shrimp were small and tasted dry and old. It certainly wasn't the tasty traditional spicy/sour soup we've had elsewhere.
For our entree we shared the Kaeng Mussaman Curry with chicken which came with steamed rice. It was ok.

The prices were ok, and "just ok" is the best we can say for the food. We won't be back.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

At first I was going to order, but I decided the buffet was a better choice....I was right! Had me some curry and rice, check! Spicy Chicken and noodles, check! Thai coffee, check, check! The place was packed with locals and I was the outsider with a suit on...the whole staffed rocked and was fast! Local is way to go...if you like GREAT Thai, this is the one place to stop! Wish Austin had a hole in the wall like this....

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

They come together to make the Best little Thai place in Oklahoma City. Our waiter, Javier, was as sweet as can be in making us feel well fed and well attended. Don't judge this book by its cover. On the outside you will hardly notice there is a restaurant here, but once inside you will definitely see yummy and filling.