“Long Live Frosty Mugs!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Coit's Root-Beer Drive In
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I've been going to Coit's on Portland since the 1960's. They still serve delicious root beer in frosty mugs. The burgers and hot dogs are good, and they have pretty good breakfasts, too. You can drive-in or sit in their dining room. I always try to stop in when I'm in town.

Reviewed 20 May 2010

Except for the root beer, pass on the food. This used to be a good place for fast food, but it has gone downhill considerably. Burgers and fries are always cold and very greasy. The corn dog (super dog) is good, IF you're lucky and get one that is not undercooked (batter still runny) or overcooked (batter hard as a rock).

Reviewed 15 May 2010

Home-made root beer and onion rings are the play here. The burger fades in memory but the root beer and onion rings are soo good... worth the trip.

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I lived in OKC for three years, and almost every Saturday morning, we went to Coit's for the breakfast. Best biscuits and gravy outside of grandmas. Huge, fluffy, buttery biscuits and homeade gravy, plain or sausage. You have the ability to go in and dine, or order at your car and wait for car hop to bring order out. They also serve lunch and dinner items like hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken fried steak and salad bar...but to me, it's all about the breakfast here.
Also, for those who love Dr. Pepper, this is the best I have ever tasted. I don't know how or why, it just is. I wish we had a Coits where I live now because I can't find biscuits and gravy here like that.

Reviewed 7 August 2009

The food is so good! I love the Root beer too. It comes served in a frosty glass mug. Excelent!

1  Thank WilliamC1