“OK food, OK service”

Bella Vista
Ranked #372 of 1,696 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I had heard lots of really great things about Bella Vista so I was excited when we finally got a chance to go. I like that it's a small local restaurant. The workers seemed happy to be there. You also got a TON of food for your money. A couple people at our table split a large pizza - it was HUGE. All the portions were very large. But, the food itself was only OK. I had the appetizer sampler.

But, here's the kicker - there was a hair in my grape-leafed wrapped rice. Not just on it, but IN IT! Gross. I know things like this happen, but when they do the least you can do is take the cost of the item off the ticket. But, nope, I was charged the full price for my plate. She did apologize when I sent it back and said they didn't make those in-house. But, she made no mention of it when we checked out, nor did she offer to bring me something else or adjust our ticket. She could have turned a bad situation around, but simply didn't.

So, I won't be coming back, unfortunately. It's a shame, too, because south OKC really needs more family-owned restaurants. I had such high hopes for this place. Perhaps others have a different experience. I almost didn't even want to write this review, because I REALLY WANTED to like this place.