Panang Thai Restaurant
Ranked #126 of 1,695 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My household really loves Panang, what can I say! The evil jungle chicken curry is fantastic, we order it every time we go. The basil chicken stir fry is also good. The pad Thai wasn't their best dish, but it's still good. I never ordered anything I didn't like.
As for the spiciness, there are 5 levels. Level two is pretty good, I'm not brave enough to order over a three.
The service is amazing. When I almost didn't have enough money to pay once (picking up take out and forgot my wallet) they were so so nice. It was beyond what I would have expected.
The serving sizes are also very large and they have a great lunch special so you can try out a few dishes. This is perfect for newbies.
If you are craving Thai food in south OKC, definitely give Panang a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

When my mother-in-law came to visit we tried to find a good Thai place to eat at, so after checking out some reviews on some other sites, we decided to check this place out. All of us, who are big fans of Thai food, were impressed! :)

We went there for dinner and found the atmosphere to be pleasant. It was more simplistic than I like and rather small, but it was still nice.

We ordered the Large Tom-Kah Chicken (Kai) to split ($9.99). My mother-in-law loved it, but I have to admit, I found it to be quite watery...and I prefer mine to be very creamy. However, they seemed to have some variation on it when it came to the ingredients which made it interesting.

Their spice levels go up to 5. My mother-in-law and I both ordered ours dishes at a 2 and my husband did his at a 4. I think the 2 was quite a good level of heat, but my husband's was still quite tasty at a 4. My mother-in-law ordered the Garlic Stir-Fried with chicken at 8.99, and I ordered the Spicy Basil Noodles with beef (8.99). My husband ordered the Pineapple Seafood dish at 12.99, it came like a soup that you poured over your rice almost. All of the dishes came with rice.

All our meals were very sizeable and could easily make for a second meal (at least for us ladies).

I really enjoyed the flavors that came out in our meals and the portions!!

My one other note is that I was not a fan of their Thai Coffee (and I've had a lot of types)...now saying that, my mother-in-law loved it.

The service was good, however the appetizer (soup) did come just barely before they brought us the meal.

This restaurant is also surrounded by a variety of other ethnic restaurants which definitely look like they might be interesting to try.

The website has more information available, including menu and prices.