“Great location in midtown. Nice variety of latin offerings”

1492 New World Latin Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
1492 New World Latin Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 1,711 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I like the specials and the standard tex-mex fair. The prices are a little high, but I think the location, cleanliness of the restaurant and well trained staff make up for the price difference. If you enjoy mole, this is a great choice. Service is always prompt. They have great bar drinks.

1  Thank gary j

Reviewed 19 July 2016

A friend and I had dinner here, and we had a mix up on our reservation and seating. That was cleared up, but then we were put by a noisy doorway. But that's not the heart of my review. We found standard items like Tacos al carbon to be pretty high, so we split an order of Fajitas. I thought them to be very ordinary - very little green pepper and onion, nothing special about them at all really. I think the Fajitas at standard-much-cheaper local Tex-Mex restaurants are better. So, had high expectations, but was disappointed.

Management response:Responded 17 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 1492. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your meal. We strive to provide the highest quality experience from the standard dishes that you would find at a Tex-Mex restaurant to a fine dining Venezuelan restaurant. I'm sorry about the fajitas not meeting your standards but your comments will help us determine how we can improve. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Very happy with our dinner here. The food was creative and more than the standard Mexican fare. I had a delicious dish with mashed plantains and shrimp and was blown away by the complex flavors of the dish. Sad we don't live nearby, or we'd be frequent visitors!

1  Thank Courtney K
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We ate at the Cassady Square location for the first time today. We had the best server who gave us tons of suggestions and even brought me a sample of their frozen mojito. They were so good, I'd go back for those alone. Our food was delicious and prepared perfectly. Atmosphere was really nice. The menu had lots of variety. I'm just disappointed I didn't save room for dessert. I've found my new favorite place!

1  Thank Keely B
Management response:Responded 17 August 2016

Thank you, Keely, for your feedback and sharing your experience at 1492! We'll have a frozen mojito waiting for you! Thanks again and we can't wait for the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were so excited to be invited to dinner at 1492. Once again, everyone at the table enjoyed every dish. The tilapia was great. The pollo con hongos was a perfect combination of poblano peppers, mushrooms and onions. We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Michael B
Management response:Responded 30 June 2016

Thank you, Michael, for taking the time to write your review! We are so happy to have a repeat guest be wowed by another experience at 1492. Your review will be shared with the staff and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you again for the great feedback!